IGNORED

recommend me a Susumu Yokota LP

perunamuusi

symbol was the only one i ever heard. i thought it was abit crap and only listened to it ten times or so.

he loops debussy sequences though , and hearing the first two chords of a 10-12 chord sequence repeated over and over without ever reaching the tonal conclusions that debussy devised is alot like having sex without cumming.

symbol was the only one i ever heard. i thought it was abit crap and only listened to it ten times or so.

he loops debussy sequences though , and hearing the first two chords of a 10-12 chord sequence repeated over and over without ever reaching the tonal conclusions that debussy devised is alot like having sex without cumming.

i disliked this album for the same reasons. wasn't as inventive as his found sounds creations.

magic thread

edit: this thread is also magic.

tracks from Symbol come up on last.fm (from listening to recommended/my neighbourhood) and i often don't skip because it's somewhat pleasant

but i'm disrespectful to music and use it as background sound

also, if anybody has "hana" (?) by asa chang and junray, please feel free to PM me it ASAP

PM sent. It's amazing.

I like symbol, but I really can't get into him that much. Sakura is ok, as is the boy and the tree(?). He did a mix for Leaf years ago which I seem to remember was quite good.

also, if anybody has "hana" (?) by asa chang and junray, please feel free to PM me it ASAP

PM sent. It's amazing.

I like symbol, but I really can't get into him that much. Sakura is ok, as is the boy and the tree(?). He did a mix for Leaf years ago which I seem to remember was quite good.

pm too please. :embrassed:

his newest ones aren't very good, in comparison to Sakura, Magic Thread, The Boy and the Tree etc.. Acid Mt Fuji might be worth a listen I suppose, though it's a bit cheesy in spots. Most of his serious beat based work, imo, is lackluster in comparison to the ambient stuff.

his newest ones aren't very good, in comparison to Sakura, Magic Thread, The Boy and the Tree etc.. Acid Mt Fuji might be worth a listen I suppose, though it's a bit cheesy in spots. Most of his serious beat based work, imo, is lackluster in comparison to the ambient stuff.

one of yours reminded me of him when i heard it years ago but i can't think what it was or if indeed it actually sounded anything like him (havaer/cultivar perhaps?)

one of yours reminded me of him when i heard it years ago but i can't think what it was or if indeed it actually sounded anything like him (havaer/cultivar perhaps?)

yeah, Cultivar was it. I can see definitely the comparison with that particular album. I don't mean to sound like I am dissing Yokota's other music, as I am generally a big fan (even with a lot of the silly stuff he has released) and I've listened to him for years.

so my recommendation would be "The Boy And The Tree".

also, on an unrelated Susumu Yokota tip, I recommend "Midtown 120 Blues" by Terre Thaemlitz/DJ SpRiNkLeS

Guest Ominous
also, on an unrelated Susumu Yokota tip, I recommend "Midtown 120 Blues" by Terre Thaemlitz/DJ SpRiNkLeS

yeah, that's great; my favorite track is on his previous EP "Grand Central" though. Kuniyuki Takahashi's stuff on that same label is kind of relevant to this thread as well now that I think about it.

yeah, that's great; my favorite track is on his previous EP "Grand Central" though. Kuniyuki Takahashi's stuff on that same label is kind of relevant to this thread as well now that I think about it.

yeah I would have posted one of the other tracks, but nothing else has been upped to Youtube. All around, great album. No compression used on it as well, which is sort of interesting.

The Boy and the Tree

Symbol

1998 or the 1999 compilations

Overhead

Will LP

all pretty good ones, and varied in style as well.

I've lost interested in his releases of late. The last album I got was Laputa back in 2003 (EDIT: I tell I lie I got his 2005 Symbol album), having got most of his previous albums it seemed that he had very little more musically to say. Every album post Laputa seemed to just be treading old territory.

Guest grinningcat

after sakura and grinningcat, id say if you want more ambient stuff go for Magic thread, more random shit Laputa.

i think all his ones are good in their own way. and yes the newset ones have not been great i.e. wonder waltz, mother

I was listenign to Kodomotachi on repeat in teh train this morning, i cant believe its still such an amazing track

PM sent. It's amazing.

pm too please. :embrassed:

Guest abracadabra
The Boy and the Tree

Symbol

1998 or the 1999 compilations

Overhead

Will LP

all pretty good ones, and varied in style as well.

SR4 knows his Yokota

Archived