IGNORED

"what r DJs doing when they are emotionally ‘twisting knobs’?"

awepittance

then everyone had a go at her, she cried, i hugged her, and i got punched or bottled (knocked out so not sure which) by her bf

yeah, think you told me that. the judges were clueless randoms empowered by clipboards. with all due respect to randomoidz who is both a wicked producer and lovely guy (who went onto deservedly win), i did win that round. at least in "music control" and "crowd response" categories (of which there were 3). ho hum.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
then everyone had a go at her, she cried, i hugged her, and i got punched or bottled (knocked out so not sure which) by her bf

yeah, think you told me that. the judges were clueless randoms empowered by clipboards. with all due respect to randomoidz who is both a wicked producer and lovely guy (who went onto deservedly win), i did win that round. at least in "music control" and "crowd response" categories (of which there were 3). ho hum.

edited for false information

Guest pantsonmyhead

Mochipet judged the last one in San francisco

a guy who has made his career on doing only mashups and hip hop remixes will be judging my shit? no thank you

I think Richard Devine was also a judge and he might have liked my stuff but his vote would have been squashed because my stuff isnt lazer bass enough

mochipet hosted it but did none of the judging

the judges were as follows as far as i can tell:

some random dude from robotspeak

some random dude from lowpro lounge

j-tonal

patrice scanlon

boreta

richard devine

shawn p.

the guy that runs the drum-machine museum

and one of the orignial fourthcity guys

Guest 277: 930-933

I read part of his Animal Collective, for the internet, by the internet post and it made me realise it's just like reading a sini post!

Not suer what to think next.

fuck we definitely need to create a culturally relevalnt IDM blog. whoever wants to help out send me a message. right now im brainstorming possible gimmicks, possibly something like highdeas.com but centered around IDM

Guest lullezucht

not djs

Randomoidz = definitely a bear

Idrn = Cute babyfaced and slightly limp-wristed wii handling Shetland pony.

Guest pantsonmyhead

a guy who has made his career on doing only mashups and hip hop remixes will be judging my shit? no thank you

I think Richard Devine was also a judge and he might have liked my stuff but his vote would have been squashed because my stuff isnt lazer bass enough

j-tonal

patrice scanlon

boreta

richard devine

shawn p.

and furthermore, robbie, I have pm's from you asking about getting more involved in daly-city records stuff.

Why the newfound hate for dave?

and furthermore, robbie, I have pm's from you asking about getting more involved in daly-city records stuff.

Why the newfound hate for dave?

i like alot of the stuff off his label, not a big of his own music. knocking fun at it, don't hate anyone :beer:

and if you want to read into my original post, i honestly would be pretty nervous to enter into any live musical contest, so lets just say im more of a pussy than a hater

j-tonal

patrice scanlon

boreta

richard devine

shawn p.

wow, that's a proper panel.

I personally cant consider anyone a real DJ (unless they have a radio show) if they don't use turntables.

I must be a fuckin snob but no fuckin poser DJ has earned their chops by downloading mp3s as opposed to years of crate-digging. fuck that shit. die.

turntables ftw

I must be a fuckin snob but no fuckin poser DJ has earned their chops by downloading mp3s as opposed to years of crate-digging. fuck that shit. die.

turntables ftw

AMEN BROTHER !

not djs

Randomoidz = definitely a bear

Idrn = Cute babyfaced and slightly limp-wristed wii handling Shetland pony.

that isnt dez is it?

back on op - i hate all that dj wankery (im a dj) and i hate the 'end of the bar' wankery too. pure unoriginal wank. 'ooh look its the end of the bar must do something even though i dont really understand what im doing' type.

Guest JohnTqs
When DJz are turning nobs they are makin sur that the music is bngng az hard az it can. I think they have a special nob that controls how hard a song Bngs. I wish I culd dj and make that sht bng.

i like it when they lean back with a look of sheer horror, mouth gaping wide, as if the crossfader is opening fucking pandoras box or something. lol.

here is an image in toronto of one of the most smug "electronic' hipster DJs ever:

20090402-Hatiras.jpg

he demands to get paid for 'acts' where all he does is play other peoples music. seriously fuck DJ culture, there should be more focus on artists, nobody should care whos 'playing' the music, anyone can dj

no man. not everyone is a snobby egomaniac enough to be such an attention whore. just look at that guy, people with social anxiety can't possibly pose that good with knobs in their fingers. that's all there is about DJ culture. all the DJs i know personally are in it because it feels good to be on the "other" side of the table and control the crowds. it really comes down to basic satisfactory feeling, nothing else. they _say_ it's beacuse of the love of music. if that would be true i wouldn't argue with them what is better: to play music from vinyl, cds or ableton. because in the end, the argument goes like: "that guy is still playing from vinyl, and you can tell, because his sets are boring." yes, they are THAT snobby.

Archived