IGNORED

what's the worst injury you've ever had?

Guest chax

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worst injury was a hole in my chin that I needed stitches for. Healed pretty quickly but when the doctor removed the stitches he missed one that was hidden beneath a scab. So a week later I noticed the last stitch was still there and pulled it out myself. But in addition to the scar, there is now a mark where the stitch was.

Also I sprained my wrist about a year ago, and it started hurting again recently when I began to work out. This is my worst injury in terms of lost functionality

Guest EleminoP

This spider bit my foot then a week later I passed out while clipping my toenails and apparently all the veins in my leg turned red. I got to ride in the ambulance and get seemingly a shit ton of needles poked into me. I saw the main character of Halo running towards me while I was out cold.

I'm scared of breaking my nose.

Pretty unrelated, but fucking lol.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/help-nose-death-break-fracture-lump-pain/show/7569

*guffaws!*

Sorry to hear you were punched in the nose! There's a greeting card if ever I've heard one.

i carried a large piece of glass that is covering the dinner table to the bathroom to "shower it" (don't ask). As i prepared to gently put it down i slipped on a towel and fell into the bath tub along with this large piece of glass. my left arm was cut on several places as i clenched onto the edge of glass to prevent it from braking. my roommate rushed me to ER with bloody shirts all over my arm.

i carried a large piece of glass that is covering the dinner table to the bathroom to "shower it" (don't ask). As i prepared to gently put it down i slipped on a towel and fell into the bath tub along with this large piece of glass. my left arm was cut on several places as i clenched onto the edge of glass to prevent it from braking. my roommate rushed me to ER with bloody shirts all over my arm.

Buy a bottle of glass cleaner next time

Nearly losing an eye from someone coming up underneath me in a swimming pool at a friends birthday party when I was a kid. Snorkel went into eye socket, eye nearly popped out, vision went 100% grey in that eye, carted out to hospital, eye patch for 2 months. Got to look like a pirate. Result

Broke my femur once whilst rollerskating; the fall was so light my pants weren't scuffed & my leg wasn't even bruised, but my femur broke like a wet cigarette. Went to the hospital for xrays etc. & found out there was a grapefruit-sized tumour growing through the middle of my leg.. which certainly explained the constant ache I'd experienced for the last 6 months.

Long story made short, I am currently minus one femur & most of a tibia, but plus a titanium femur, knee & tibia, plus a wicked cool 2ft (60cm) scar! My leg works really well too; some days I need to limp pretty badly when the hip's not right, and I'll never run again (but fuck running, honestly) but I get around fine, and still get to ride my bike like a motherfucker :)

i was trying to jump a chainlink fence and my hand slipped and got caught on the wire at the top, causing me to freak out and gouge my other hand on the wire too (no picture of that, it was just a puncture). it wasn't that bad though, just freaked me out a bit at the time. the wound on my wrist was the worst, i still have a visible scar from that. the hand healed up pretty well, only a light scar.

http://xs743.xs.to/xs743/09402/img_0160767.jpg

Archived