IGNORED

Is Xylem Tube the best EP ever?

MDF

Ahh, what was I thinking having my own musical opinion? Sorry guys, next time I'll suck Richards cock like the rest of you.

woah mr defensive, your tone is distracting me from my cocksucking thank you very much.

Edit- And no, your opinion on music (and everything else) must be the same as mine and the rest of the "hive mind". We allow no cerebral rebels here, or anywhere else on these forums.

yeah, xylem tube ep has historical value, but calling it the best ep ever? i don't see how a TRUE dim-fan (lol) can look in a mirror and say it's "the best ep ever" without putting his tongue in his cheek. best ever, bwa, noteworthy at best!

...stupid fanboyism

Yeah the Come to Daddy EP is the best here... wtf... CTD is like an entire album almost if you compare it to the RDJ album.

exactly. lots of bang right thurrrr

Guest Kenneth172
I would prefer A Beautiful Place if it wasn't for zoetrope

Here here. I immediately skip that track as soon as it starts. It's too tedious.

Guest AOOproductions

Big Loada better... nice try RDJ... fallin short to Tom once again...

JK

Zoetrope is beautiful, just because it doesn't have a beat doesn't make it any less of a track.

I like Zoetrope well enough, but it gets to a point to where I'm just listening to it in order to finish the song. That's a problem with a good bit of BoC beatless tracks (Bocuma and Corsair are example), some are just too long for their own good. They sound amazing, but it's just far too long without much variation whatsoever.

I also want to inject some reason into this thread

A lot of early Aphex Twin stuff is admirable for its 'sod convention, this is what I'm going to do' attitude, but its very very repetitive.

Saying Xylem tube is his best EP is like saying Aphex hasn't developed or learnt anything in the last 17 years.

I went back and listened to Xylem tube for the first time in over a decade and here's my quick capsule review:

Polynomial-C: nice strings, nice crunchy beats, the only song from this EP I've ever listened to regularly

Tamphex: an adolescent joke turned into a repetitive tuneless mess

Phlange Phace: apart from the pads in the background, this is very very repetitive.

Dodeccaheedron: interesting sounds, but if you've heard the first 60 seconds you've heard the whole 6 minutes

So we've got one good track and then a load of repetitive industrial loops basically. And even Polynomial-C is pretty poor in the harmony/melody department compared to his later work. The stronger tracks from his recent work like Druqks and the analord series have so much more inventiveness, energy and musical progression than any of his early stuff.

So I'm sure Xylem tube was groundbreaking in its day and deserves its place in history, but I can't see how anyone could listen to it now and think its the best thing ever.

*quickly leaves aphex forum and hides in the cylob forum*

A lot of early Aphex Twin stuff is admirable for its 'sod convention, this is what I'm going to do' attitude, but its very very repetitive.

Saying Xylem tube is his best EP is like saying Aphex hasn't developed or learnt anything in the last 17 years.

I went back and listened to Xylem tube for the first time in over a decade and here's my quick capsule review:

Polynomial-C: nice strings, nice crunchy beats, the only song from this EP I've ever listened to regularly

Phlange Phace: apart from the pads in the background, this is very very repetitive.

Dodeccaheedron: interesting sounds, but if you've heard the first 60 seconds you've heard the whole 6 minutes

So we've got one good track and then a load of repetitive industrial loops basically. And even Polynomial-C is pretty poor in the harmony/melody department compared to his later work. The stronger tracks from his recent work like Druqks and the analord series have so much more inventiveness, energy and musical progression than any of his early stuff.

So I'm sure Xylem tube was groundbreaking in its day and deserves its place in history, but I can't see how anyone could listen to it now and think its the best thing ever.

no, you're right

• 3 weeks later...

how is that "reason"

i prefer saw 1&2 and surfing on sinewaves to drukqs but they're over 15 years old

am i being unreasonable?

Guest tv_party

I've never heard anything that sounded quite like xylem tube and digiridoo before or since. It's what got me into afx and it's still some of my favorite of his stuff.

Archived