IGNORED

Is Xylem Tube the best EP ever?

MDF

Guest Pilcat
could someone who knows him please ask him to release some?

done. he said July would be good

he told me you lie

Best Aphex EP? Sure.

Best EP in Electronic/IDM? Nah

I dont just think its the best Electronic/IDM EP I think its the best EP I know of. Out of intrest what EP's would you rate so highly? If they dont have Polynomial C on I dont see how they can be as good.

The answer is yes. I would love to hear much more of his music from this period, could someone who knows him please ask him to release some?

Girl/Boy E.P was my preference and represented the pinnacle for me...really like the first remix of it on there (£18 Snare Rush), it's really weird and trippy...

Plus of course you get the Oedipal nightmare that is "Milkman", hehe...

Guest Kenneth172
The answer is yes. I would love to hear much more of his music from this period, could someone who knows him please ask him to release some?

Xylem Tube.... Best period of Aphex by far..... Period. :aphexsign:

Love Dodeccaheeeeeeeeeeeeedron.

My favourite Aphex EP has to be Windowlicker... even it it's really just for the title track (yeah, Nannou is good, and I can forget all about Equation), but for me, that was really the pinnacle for EPs when it comes to Richard's output. A close second would be the Ventolin EPs.

Guest Kenneth172
My favourite Aphex EP has to be Windowlicker... even it it's really just for the title track (yeah, Nannou is good, and I can forget all about Equation), but for me, that was really the pinnacle for EPs when it comes to Richard's output. A close second would be the Ventolin EPs.

Love the start of Ventolin Wheeze Mix. Not a huge fan of Windowlicker meself, for me that was his most commercial stuff, and look at the success... Cunningham's videos obviously helped...

Guest Calx Sherbet
could someone who knows him please ask him to release some?

done. he said July would be good

he told me you lie

he told me the same...about you.....

Not a huge fan of Windowlicker meself, for me that was his most commercial stuff, and look at the success... Cunningham's videos obviously helped...

what's that got to do with it? its about the music innit

Guest AOOproductions
Not a huge fan of Windowlicker meself, for me that was his most commercial stuff, and look at the success... Cunningham's videos obviously helped...

theres no such thing as "commercial Aphex twin" it's an oxymoron.

Guest Kenneth172

Duh! MTV and stuff innit. The music gets out there thru the medium of television. Did you not ever learn anything at school? Folk hear it after seeing the vid then buy his rekkids. Simples.

This thread goes to show how different peoples taste is, its strange how people can agree on liking an artist but have such different opinions on what their best stuff is.

Love the start of Ventolin Wheeze Mix. Not a huge fan of Windowlicker meself, for me that was his most commercial stuff, and look at the success... Cunningham's videos obviously helped...

I just like the song - the melodies, beats, arrangement, and sounds are some of his best ever made. The fact is was a commercial success only attests to the man's raw talents.

Yeah I'd probably give to either HAB or the Come to daddy EP.

say what you want about the pappy mix, but it's a good song nonetheless, pisstake or not. and let's not forget iz-us and flim, which could make the EP legendary without any other song.

Guest Calx Sherbet

say what you want about the pappy mix, but it's a good song nonetheless, pisstake or not. and let's not forget iz-us and flim, which could make the EP legendary without any other song.

i think contour regard should be mentioned...

i think contour regard should be mentioned...

ok, contour regard too. :kiss:

Best Aphex EP? Sure.

Best EP in Electronic/IDM? Nah

I dont just think its the best Electronic/IDM EP I think its the best EP I know of. Out of intrest what EP's would you rate so highly? If they dont have Polynomial C on I dont see how they can be as good.

Envane is my favourite EP of all time, at least in Electronic music. Apart from that I'd also take Garbage and Anvil Vapre. I prefer A Beautiful Place Out in the Country to Xylem as well.

please leave

Archived