IGNORED

Alien film: District 9

Guest joshier

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest joshier

Saw last night at cinema, well worth it. I really liked the robot stuff, the fact that the aliens were actually the kind ones, the aliens GUI for computers really fucking cool. Didn't want it to end but the director said on wikipedia he would make a continuance if it had positive reviews.

what the fuck people, is it just me, or is this a completely different movie from what we were supposed to see? where was the interrogation scene that was shown in the official trailer?? that aspect of the movie is completely missing!!! WHAT THE FUCK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4EdLlSQE0A

Yeah, I only thought this movie was great if I compared it with Independence day (because of the aliens and giant spaceship).

The context however has/had nice potencial.

this is one case where I agree with zaphod's merciless review. I thought the film started just fine - some have said they didn't like the main character and that was the point, I though chosing a friendly but clueless racist as protagonist was bold and fresh - but once it turned into an actioner it lost whatever intelligence and maturity were present at the start. Not that there was anything wrong with going in the direction of pure action, just that Peter Jackson's grubby pawprints became glaringly obvious at that point, with the unintentionally hilarious and overblown "robot death sequence" and other maudlin and cliche touches. Really, fuck Peter Jackson in his furry kiwi bumhole. I hope Peter Blomkamp is able to resist Jackson's meddling if he does a sequel, though I don't see any signs that he really has that much to say, which is probably what made him so receptive to Jackson's influence in the first place.

The CGI animation was really choppy like they cut some frames to save on rendering time, the story ended up being wank, he gets in contact with alien fuel and he turns... no real enemy made the second part where the action begins a bit dull, the sniper dude was basically the villain :emotawesomepm9: . District 10 seems obviously, hopefully they don't throw in the bin everything that was good about the first movie, I'm sure they will because more money, more problems.

Saw it last night, I really liked it! I didn't get into the hype so I really had no idea what it was about aside from aliens being involved. As others have mentioned it has some strong shades of Alien Nation. Parts got a little ridiculous, yes, but it was really entertaining and a fairly original story I think. I admit I kind of liked the first part better where there were obvious parallels to apartheid and all that, but I was way entertained by the splatter fest at the end too. A nice balance I thought, if maybe a little disjointed.

Guest Enter a new display name

goddam what a lame movie. please no sequel

Except at least 8 prequels, starting with District 1.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

good film except for the very last shot.

but vikus made a pretty flower from the rubbish :emotawesomepm9:

yeah but we knew that without seeing him as a prawn literally making it in the dump. god that poor story telling/film making

• 1 month later...

I quite enjoyed this film. The protagonist was really interesting, i thought he did a good job of being quite selfish. His shift to supporting the one prawn could have been a little more gradual maybe.

Not top 250 material, I'd probably give this a 7 out of 10.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pennywise

It was a good film. Although it's a bit farfetched that the alien fuel also erm, turns people into the aliens. I must be the only one who that was pretty stupid.

Guest bitroast

recently saw this in my friends backyard (such a good outdoor cinema setup going on :D). yeah really enjoyed this! realised about half way through that i was totally sucked into the film:)

Guest lullezucht

goddam what a lame movie. please no sequel

they are millionaires. and you're not.

I'm a millionaire too

in Japan *cough*

, but you don't see me making lame Sci Fi action movies disguised as flimsy social satire.

Archived