IGNORED

best frozen pizza?

Fred McGriff

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like to get a dr oetker margharita and sprinkle olives, feta, and peppers on it

well decent

what a waste of ingredients

nice thing to try if you want to make yer own. chef boyardee (the brand) sells pizza crust flour where you just have to add water, it makes REALLY good crust actually, then make sure you got a nice flavorful sauce , add the regulars, and your set

Guest joshier
cpkherosrfivecheesetoma.jpg

That one looks fuckin awesome.

I really hate thin pizzas, I will only have a thin pizza if it has a stuffed crust.

I'm eating a Trader Joe's veggie pizza right now which is okay, but just nothing compares to making your own pizza.

Making the dough is not hard at all, I have learned. Plus it's cheaper; you can add crazy shit to it like honey, maple syrup, brown sugar or white wine; and you can mix it with a wooden spoon or (my technique bc of lack of mixer) traditional beaters (just use one of the beaters instead of two, then change over to kneading once the dough comes together).

I will happily PM or post the dough recipe I use.

You can learn to toss the dough yourself. Just start by flattening the dough ball into a disk and putting it on top of your two fists together, knuckles up, then prying your fists apart diagonally whilst rotating the dough to stretch it out. Soon enough you can start tossing it up -- I am still totally shitty at this.

If you want to roll it you can use a wine bottle. I'm proud of my pizza learning & post my pizza pics on my social networks. :ok:

edit: semicolon blow quick edit redux

Guest Saskrotch

any of you that think digiornos is actually good need to be barred from contributing to this

worst fucking sauce ever

any of you that think digiornos is actually good need to be barred from contributing to this

worst fucking sauce ever

red baron and tombstone sauce = crap

never had the exact TM red baron fred posted but for me the company doesn't have a great track record

yeah i'm going to back up tauboo. those dr. okter things are awful. what's wrong with you people?

the bases are like soggy crackers and the topping are watery shit. what does some danish dr. know about making pizza? clearly not a lot.

also lol at kaen for putting reggae reggae sauce on everything.

HEY ENCEY PM OR POST YOUR DOUGH RECIPE PLEASE! I WANT TO TRY IT!

i didn't think you needed a mixer, the guy in my local pizzeria makes a little well in the middle of a pile of flour and gradually adds milk as he mixes with his hands.

Guest 277: 930-933
yeah i'm going to back up tauboo. those dr. okter things are awful. what's wrong with you people?

the bases are like soggy crackers and the topping are watery shit. what does some danish dr. know about making pizza? clearly not a lot.

The problem obviously lies with your baking technique and not with the Doctor's product.

Based on your comment I'd almost think you're just letting the pizza defrost before eating it.

I'm quite partial to Dr. Oetker's Big American pizza Supreme.

The sauce on their Hawaii pizza tastes like sauerkraut though, took me a long time to identify it.

Guest Iain C

I have a lot of respect for Tauboo, but he's out of line on this one. The Doctor makes the best frozen pizza on earth - simple fact. If it was good enough for Hitler, it's good enough for me. The Ristorante Mozarella is brilliant - it's got little drops of pesto or something on it. Flavourzone.

The problem obviously lies with your baking technique and not with the Doctor's product.

Based on your comment I'd almost think you're just letting the pizza defrost before eating it.

I'm quite partial to Dr. Oetker's Big American pizza Supreme.

The sauce on their Hawaii pizza tastes like sauerkraut though, took me a long time to identify it.

i followed the doc's instructions. those pizzas are not good imo. the base just isn't correct.

and i've eaten pizza in italy, i know what pizza can be. (joke)

Guest Stoppit

I'm eating a Dr. Oetker pizza right now (it's mozzarella and pesto, as far as I can tell)

It's very nice.

Archived