IGNORED

Warp Records 20th anniversary top ten fan favs!

Atop

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
warp hasn't put hardly any bad stuff out its just not idm so you hate it

fix0rz'd

no, the shit warp has put out that isn't idm per se has sucked.

i did listen to multiply for a few months after it came out.

Guest vodor

cause luke vibert is an important name and i love acid at least has a memorable theme going for it so that people remember it as being a luke vibert track.

You guys are kidding right? 20 years and you think Battles and Jimmy Edgar deserve their spots?

There's no Black DOg Production in the top 10.

No B12. No Sabres of Paradise.

Hell i would take DJ Mink's classic Hey Hey Can you relate? over most of that stuff.

I might disagree with the BIg 4 choices...but at least they're on there.

Kinda disrespectful to see mah boys Autechre at #8. And if this compilation is marketed to get people into Warp bands, Gantz Graf is arguably not the track to get people interested in Ae. I've always felt it a track for seasoned vets only.

Whatevsky, Rob and Sean your're #1 in my book

Guest vodor

yeah yeah, battles are new on the block, blah blah.

atlas is still fucking amazing and better than most of the tracks in the top 10.

there should be some older stuff on there though, yeah. 10 tracks ain't much wiggle room.

the recent stuff is more likely to get votes just because it's easier to recall from the ol memory. and because the voters are people who currently follow the goings on at warp.

gantz graf probably only won because it has its very own EP and a widely known video.

yeah yeah, battles are new on the block, blah blah.

atlas is still fucking amazing and better than most of the tracks in the top 10.

there should be some older stuff on there though, yeah. 10 tracks ain't much wiggle room.

the recent stuff is more likely to get votes just because it's easier to recall from the ol memory. and because the voters are people who currently follow the goings on at warp.

gantz graf probably only won because it has its very own EP and a widely known video.

I quite like Battles.

I do not think that Atlas is in the 10 best songs that Warp has ever released.

Guest melotronic

not too bad, still disagree with gantz graf for ae but it's pretty good. no to battles however.

Guest Rogueofmv

Battles is only on there because of LittleBigPlanet

Point of fact.

WHY IS HERZOG ON THERE, HERR BAR IS CLEARLY SUPERIOR. FUCKFUCKFUCK

Really guys, what else did you expect?

yeah the list has been basically the same since the very first day lol.... people are acting like this is the worse news of all time... the Warp20 is suppose to be somewhat mainstream because thats who's going to buy it... is anyone here really going to buy a compilation of songs you already have?

Also isn't warp going to end up putting their own say into the final compilation? What was the deal about that again?

EDIT:

thats right, only the top ten will be used, what a tease

Archived