IGNORED

zazen

Guest beatfanatic

"Before any “Avatar” footage was screened to the public, fanboys and movie buffs were hailing the movie, calling it the cinematic game-changer of the decade."

that reminds me of someone lol.

I am looking forward to the release.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ezekiel wrote:

I dont carev what these idiots say about AVATAR. I KNOW THIS FILM IS A WORK OF ART. A freaking masterpiece, if i might add. These bloody critics should make a movie of their own before criticising another man’s hard work. TALK the TALK if you can WALK the WALK.

P.S my hats to ye’r MR JAMES CAMERON

Kids are reading the Wall Street Journal?

Ezekiel wrote:

I dont carev what these idiots say about AVATAR. I KNOW THIS FILM IS A WORK OF ART. A freaking masterpiece, if i might add. These bloody critics should make a movie of their own before criticising another man’s hard work. TALK the TALK if you can WALK the WALK.

P.S my hats to ye’r MR JAMES CAMERON

Kids are reading the Wall Street Journal?

In this economy parents are teaching their kids in 3rd grade all about stock investing and cap n' trade foo!

all the drama is caused by the internet nerds. the average person has no idea what avatar is. maybe they know it's a movie about blue people and that's it.

QFT.

I think I said somewhere before that this may fail because normal people just don't care.

It flies under the same flag as the Final Fantasy film. Too nerdy for the mass-public to engage with.

Cameron himself is the biggest draw to the widest demographic.

Saying that, for the past week the Sun (the most popular tabloid in Britain) has ran a centre-page campaign with interviews and articles about Avatar. Obviously it's a massive advertisement, but I should assume they've caught some attention with it, and most certainly in the young-teens age-range. When I was under 14, and Internet-less, the Sun was my only source for blockbuster movie news.

i've only just heard of this film (apart from seeing this thread title quite a few times... i've never opened this thread before and somehow it has never sparked enough interest in me to even work out that the Avatar in the thread title refers to a film title)...

i'm assuming that because this is on 28 pages that this is quite a hotly anticipated film... can someone explain why this is 28 pages long when i can't even remember seeing a single other pre release movie thread before....

So by saying Avatar was really much, much better than expected, that it looked amazing and that the story was gripping – if cheesy in many places – the Guardian is in technical breach of the agreement. It is not a breach, however, to report that other journalists leaving the screening were also positive: the terrible film that some had been anticipating had not materialised. It was good.

- Guardian

More positive early impressions... not ONE negative one yet!

is someone paying you to post in this thread, karmakramer? i can't imagine caring this much one way or another about a film i had no involvement in.

is someone paying you to post in this thread, karmakramer? i can't imagine caring this much one way or another about a film i had no involvement in.

i doubt it, that would be like asking him of the Obama campaign paid him to post in the 'Obama war surge' thread

(im trying to get your attention so you don't fully concede in the thread :rolleyes: )

i doubt it, that would be like asking him of the Obama campaign paid him to post in the 'Obama war surge' thread

(im trying to get your attention so you don't fully concede in the thread :rolleyes: )

Haha, honestly its really just laziness thats prevented me from responding... I'll get to it though. My mind just doesn't want to be thinking about politics atm, I'm so fixated on this fucking movie!

MORE IMPRESSIONS!

The AVATAR buzz is an understatement. That movie was unbelievable.

http://twitter.com/PeterSHall

and away we go ... Avatar screening in Texas just let out - exit polls reveal lots of happy people who were blown away

http://twitter.com/ErikDavis

So I just got back from a movie. It was pretty great...if by pretty great I mean OMFGHOLYFUCKINGSHITOMGOMGOMG. Because that's what it was

-Anticool news

by the way you are quoting this it makes it seem like its coming from the review staff at Ainiticoolnews, but are you (and correct me if im wrong) posting quotes from people on Talkbacks? If so can you please stop doing that. I still don't see any of the review staff at Aintitcoolnews talking about seeing Avatar.

I think it's a tad bit silly to post without authenticating, fan reactions to saying the've seen it (because we have zero evidence to believe they have).

So I just got back from a movie. It was pretty great...if by pretty great I mean OMFGHOLYFUCKINGSHITOMGOMGOMG. Because that's what it was

-Anticool news

by the way you are quoting this it makes it seem like its coming from the review staff at Ainiticoolnews, but are you (and correct me if im wrong) posting quotes from people on Talkbacks? If so can you please stop doing that. I still don't see any of the review staff at Aintitcoolnews talking about seeing Avatar.

I think it's a tad bit silly to post without authenticating, fan reactions to saying the've seen it (because we have zero evidence to believe they have).

They are all editors/critics... http://twitter.com/Massawyrm

well you maybe can understand my confusion for saying 'Ainitcoolnews' when it was actually Twitters by a dude who works there.

I guess... I just assumed cause the previous quotes have been on twitter, it would have been kind of obvious. No one can publish reviews yet, cause some publications have exclusives.

THESE ARE ALL CRITICS... NO ONE ELSE CAN EVEN SEE THE MOVIE

@dmann11: "Holy effing crap!!! Avatar was FREAKING AWESOME KICK ASS SWEET!!!!!"

@TheGate: "For the record 'Avatar' was worth the $400 million, and no it is not even remotely "vomit inducing".

@gholson: "Specacular. A visual feast and the new benchmark in cinematic world building."

@chasewhale: "Just finished AVATAR. Special effects were top notch. The movie ran a little long for my likings but I liked it!"

@comingsoonnet" "Okay, about Avatar?.... WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Unbelievable... amazing."

@MikePereira21: Was blown away by Avatar! For 150 minutes, I was a kid again. Thank you James Cameron! BTW, the groundbreaking 3D was mindblowing."

@rejects: "I'm not supposed to talk about Avatar... That said, it was a spectacular experience. Like nothing I've seen before."

an astonishing sensory experience unlike anything I've seen on film. Holy fuck wow. - I wonder what that could be about... ahem

--

EatCrow.jpg

Wow, look at that list of AMAZING directors... :emotawesomepm9:

There was a list somewhere, I'm not really reading this thread anymore.

Double edit: LOL, it was like 5 pages back :facepalm:

Archived