IGNORED

Giant Fish, and a dome higher than the Statue of Liberty

Joyrex

heh @ fish .. catfish get that big in the mississippi yeah .. (re: 10 feet speculative quote in first post)

did anyone see that doco on chernobyl nature ... it seems like most of nature is relatively unaffected there ... and that whole franken creature stuff is bollocks ... it's still a hazardous zone of course for humans ... and they haven't studied the number of abnormal births that the animals are getting given that no biology field teams would really wanna fuck around in there .. plus in the higher order creatures the radiation would be amplified .. so you prob. wouldn't want a chernobyl cat as per the one that escapes the zone in that bbc doco ... but still yeah .. i don' tlike the idea of the tourists .. it was nice thinking that nature was chugging along nicely without the presence of humans in the zone ... and that it would perhaps stay that way .. unmolested for centuries ..

but now there's fucking tourism !! faggots .. can't they just look at it through webcams or something ... senseless money blowing arse wollers ..

Guest nene multiple assgasms

is it simply that they're able to get so big because everyone's afraid to eat chernobyl fish?

nene has it. I remember them reporting these giant fish in the chernobyl cooling pond in around 1991, there was an article in Time magazine that tried to link the radiation with an 8 legged horse and the giant fish. I think it's bogus; radiation doesn't act that way, it just creates cancer and kills things. They are just getting large because there's no predation.

^ usually animals adapt and change over 100's of years, that's probably why people think these animal growthes are due to radiation. i'm no expert but it makes sense.

I think the fish have grwon so big cos no fucker has been about to fish them out.

I've been told the radiation leaks from Chernobyl is fuck all compared to the amount from wepons testing.

That dome looks good for combat on wires tho I doubt you'll get ole Tina as the host so it won't be the same.

Why visit the place when you can go on a tour of Chernobyl by motorcycle on the interwebs?

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl-revisited/chapter1.html

I know it's old/jb, but I'm sure some people haven't seen this site.

a lot of people say that site is a fake and she just went on a tour

you never actually see her bike inside the red zone

Why visit the place when you can go on a tour of Chernobyl by motorcycle on the interwebs?

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl-revisited/chapter1.html

I know it's old/jb, but I'm sure some people haven't seen this site.

a lot of people say that site is a fake and she just went on a tour

you never actually see her bike inside the red zone

ORLY?

imag3.2.jpg

imag4.5.jpg

Guest 277: 930-933
You can spend quite some time in the I forget how many kilometers zone before actually experiencing any long or short term ill effects.

There are simple formula's for how much Gamma radiation you can handle before anything happens.

Maybe you have a 0.1% increase in getting some sort of lymphic cancer but just going outside does the same thing.

I read up on this and I believe its a danger no matter where you are. Going into the actual town would be extremely stupid. You can breathe this stuff in from the buildings or ground and have it radiate in your lungs for the rest of your life.

It would be stupid to go into the zone without proper guidance, there are special travel agencies that organise trips there and they provide you with protective clothing and masks.

Besides, all of the fallout has settled by now, it gets dangerous if you go into undisturbed areas where lots of radioactive dust is gathered, it's not okay to go off the roads when you're in the 30 km zone.

Guest catsonearth
nene has it. I remember them reporting these giant fish in the chernobyl cooling pond in around 1991, there was an article in Time magazine that tried to link the radiation with an 8 legged horse and the giant fish. I think it's bogus; radiation doesn't act that way, it just creates cancer and kills things. They are just getting large because there's no predation.

that's what it does to things that are already alive, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of strange mutations arising out of radiation exposure. radiation essentially splits segments of your dna apart and when they are recombined the order is not always the same, which can cause tumors or mutations. exposure to radiation in a young or fetal state could cause rapid genetic mutations to occur that might otherwise only happen once every 1000 years by sheer chance. how a species evolves is via genetic mutations - it does take a long time and does require natural selection to occur, but genetic mutations in individuals can happen at any time whether exposed to radiation or not. in a situation like this where there are fewer predators (which means more traits will be selected to pass on) coupled with the fact that radiation causes a rise in the frequency of genetic mutations, it's not a stretch to think that the process of "evolution" could be sped up greatly.

Guest spike

biking through the madness of fear and unforgiving sorrow. one the best reads online so far. thanks for the link .

Not that i'm big into 'hang out on the beach' kind of vacations, but it seems weird to me to travel to a dangerous or ugly place instead of going somewhere nice. Definitely wouldn't spend hundreds of $$$ to go somewhere not pleasant.

innit

http://englishrussia.com/?p=2865#more-2865

Russian girls... :heart:

on the subject of giant domes: I recently went to a thing called "Tropical Islands" near Brandenburg in Germany. The experience of being in a construction that large is terrifying, I nearly shat my pants seeing it from afar, and when I actually entered it, it was like every strange architectural dream I'd had in my life suddenly had come true...

s0000970_4.jpg

That reminds me of the dome 7:43 into this -

Archived