IGNORED

Post pics of your shoes

Guest dese manz hatin

See, the thing is, that's not a functional shoe. It's a conspicuous consumption "art" piece that's meant to look "authentic" and "hand-crafted" despite the fact that any self-respecting craftsman would take the time to rubber dip a sole properly/carefully and to clean up the slag, rather than just show off the shoe's authentic handcraftedness by making something unwearable. But whatever, different strokes for different fucking trust fund kids.

18ccp09.jpg

20ccp09.jpg

21ccp09.jpg

also in black

Carol Christian Poell object dyed rubber dipped trainers

Seriously those look like the worst shoes ever. They look like they were made in some farmer's log cabin like 150 years ago. Dipped in rubber wtf? Yeah I like having little dangly rubber nipples on the bottom of my shoes, sure.

yeah. they look great. they have an aesthetic appeal. would i pay £1500 for them? fuck no, that's as much as i earn in a month. would i look down on someone who COULD afford it for buying them, or make judgements about their "authenticity"? no. because i'm not chippy about it.

that's not a functional shoe.

plus, i suppose this means you only wear strictly functional undyed cotton sneakers and untanned leather boots? there are plenty of unfunctional shoes in this thread - look at all those nike swooshes. that's not functional. look at all those different colours. definitely not functional.

Edited by Iain C

it's not about having money or not, they are cool shoes. I think you missed my point..

Nah, I mean, aesthetically I'm not into them (primarily because I've seen too many dead, skinned things IRL [don't ask [my dad's a serial killer]])but if you think they look cool there's no harm there.

Iain, I just meant you couldn't actually, like, walk a mile in those shoes without destroying them or tripping.

Edited by baph

Those shoes dont belong on someones feet, they belong on a wall. Theyre clearly someones art.

Anyone who thinks they would look good to wear either has awful taste, or has some sort of twisted thing to prove to fashion sense. Either way, I dont think Id have time for them.

it's not about having money or not, they are cool shoes. I think you missed my point..

Nah, I mean, aesthetically I'm not into them (primarily because I've seen too many dead, skinned things IRL [don't ask [my dad's a serial killer]])but if you think they look cool there's no harm there.

Iain, I just meant you couldn't actually, like, walk a mile in those shoes without destroying them or tripping.

i don't know, i don't wear sneakers... but they look like they'd fit/react like a pretty standard pair of leather converse to me. sure, the rubber drips would wear off the soles pretty quickly. i still reckon they'd look pretty cool beaten up.

anyway, £1,500 is definitely crazy money for shoes, don't get me wrong. but considering they're hand-made from what looks like very decent materials, and that a lot of thought and creativity has clearly gone into their design, goes some way to justifying the price - if you're rich enough and into that sort of thing. people spend ten times that amount on a car or whatever, which i personally think is totally unnecessary a lot of the time. different strokes for different people i guess.

that's not a functional shoe.

plus, i suppose this means you only wear strictly functional undyed cotton sneakers and untanned leather boots? there are plenty of unfunctional shoes in this thread - look at all those nike swooshes. that's not functional. look at all those different colours. definitely not functional.

Darlings, woman for centuries have enticed men into bed with shoes that are not functional.

If a shoe costs 1500 quid, it would want to last me 30+ years.

Shoes generally last me ~4 months.

get a good pair of boots. my last DM's lasted me a good 7 years or so, and i could probably get them repaired if i had the inclination. i expect my current red wings to last the same or longer - and look better and better with each passing year.

If a shoe costs 1500 quid, it would want to last me 30+ years.

Shoes generally last me ~4 months.

get a good pair of boots. my last DM's lasted me a good 7 years or so, and i could probably get them repaired if i had the inclination. i expect my current red wings to last the same or longer - and look better and better with each passing year.

The boots (posted last page or something) are the first such Ive even bought. I reckon they'll last a good while.