IGNORED

Post pics of your shoes

Guest dese manz hatin

I could see the above shoes going well with skin-tight jeans, a loose v-neck tee and black rimmed glasses.

I prefer wearing them with hot pants and a turtle neck sweater. Then I go out and play a bit of b-ball

i like shoes

image_1.jpg

betch

I hate the video. Not funny.

Tom Skerritt is inherently funny, though.

edit: objectively

Edited by baph

also, cool rubber-dipped shoes.

just go down the op-shop (charity/goodwill) mate and rubber dip your own. I wonder if she sprayed on bonus foot fungus, that was exclusively bred for the product line.

excuse me for being poor.

Id sooner give 15 hundred quid to charity than spend it on shoes.

it'd spend it on shoes, but not on an installation peice. More like several pairs of well crafted mall crawlers and a couple of leather goodies.

scuffed-as-fuck black nappa docs with blue laces. they're getting a bit worn now since they're the only pair of shoes i own that i actually wear, for ~11 hours a day every day. i've had numerous people tell me that docs are out of fashion or whatever, i don't give a fuck personally, they're super comfy. i have a pair of chucks but i can't stand super flat shoes. gotta have a nice airy sole.

post-161-0-92934500-1297229823_thumb.jpg

Edited by modey

I used to wear a nice pair of new-buck Docs. The leather was not resilient.

Now it's these daily:

adidas-superstar-ii-black-profile.jpg

And these if I have to be fancy:

grisham_black.jpg

Edited by rumbo

I remember when I was maybe 11 or so I had a pair of The Pumps with that Hexalite stuff in the sole, and I could not fucking keep from jabbing a sharpened pencil into that Hexalite shit 30 times a day.

18ccp09.jpg

20ccp09.jpg

21ccp09.jpg

also in black

Carol Christian Poell object dyed rubber dipped trainers

I honestly thought you made those yourself.

1600 quid? Are you serious? What the fuck is wrong with you?

OMG! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/sneakers-trainers/item10063966.aspx?storeid=9108

I spilled paint on my runners before, wonder how much I can sell them for.

margiela makes some excellent shoes if you're into that sort of thing and i know at least one watmmer wears them. if you've got the cash, why not?

Cause I could think of 6 billion better things to do with it.

it's not about having money or not, they are cool shoes. I think you missed my point..

Fashion is about distinction - being ahead of the pack (but not so far ahead that your out completely on your own).

High prices are an easy way of attaching distinction to a product.

Hence, those shoes may be cool, but about 60% to 70% of the coolness is directly because of the price. (with maybe 30% to 40% of the coolness being about the design or designer or whatever).

Hence the high price is a very important part of the appeal of the shoes.

Lets say a more realistic price for the shoes is about $100 (even thats probably way above what they actually cost to make)

That means people are willing to pay $1500-ish extra for the coolness.

Trying to buy coolness is not cool.

Hence those shoes are in fact, not cool.

QED.

18ccp09.jpg

20ccp09.jpg

21ccp09.jpg

also in black

Carol Christian Poell object dyed rubber dipped trainers

I honestly thought you made those yourself.

1600 quid? Are you serious? What the fuck is wrong with you?

OMG! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/sneakers-trainers/item10063966.aspx?storeid=9108

I spilled paint on my runners before, wonder how much I can sell them for.

margiela makes some excellent shoes if you're into that sort of thing and i know at least one watmmer wears them. if you've got the cash, why not?

Cause I could think of 6 billion better things to do with it.

it's not about having money or not, they are cool shoes. I think you missed my point..

Fashion is about distinction - being ahead of the pack (but not so far ahead that your out completely on your own).

High prices are an easy way of attaching distinction to a product.

Hence, those shoes may be cool, but about 60% to 70% of the coolness is directly because of the price. (with maybe 30% to 40% of the coolness being about the design or designer or whatever).

Hence the high price is a very important part of the appeal of the shoes.

Lets say a more realistic price for the shoes is about $100 (even thats probably way above what they actually cost to make)

That means people are willing to pay $1500-ish extra for the coolness.

Trying to buy coolness is not cool.

Hence those shoes are in fact, not cool.

QED.

Well I thought they were cool before I saw the price tag.....................................................................................................so your theory is incorrect.

i'll stick to buying shoes at ross, marshalls, and TJ Maxx thank you very much! even when i was rollin' in the cash those were the places i got my shoes from... and the puma outlet stores when i used to buy pumas.