IGNORED

Post pics of your shoes

Guest dese manz hatin

Ah yes, the the macalister boot. I have these ones:

macalister-boot.jpg

The last pair of shoes I got were these, and then lo and behold, jcrew picks up a version of them but for $160:

W574GS-New-Balance-574-Grey79418.jpg

I like these shoes because they make me feel like michael j fox.

Edited by sheatheman

new-balance-mr993-usa-1.jpg

wish they looked better, but they are the most comfortable shoe ever (for people with wide-ass feet like me). Wear these 80% of the time.

88122153-260x260-0-0_Corcoran+Corcoran+1

I have these except the zipper is silver, which I like way better.

16714_mens-kenneth-cole-reaction-fast-br

My favorite non-work sneakers.

Guest Ron Manager

macalister-boot.jpg

nice, they look identical, although mine are Clarks desert boots.

88122153-260x260-0-0_Corcoran+Corcoran+1

I have these except the zipper is silver, which I like way better.

I have some similar to these, except more ridiculous:

561519_294580327308133_1969606307_n.jpg

I just realised I have eight pairs of shoes now. aargh

macalister-boot.jpg

nice, they look identical, although mine are Clarks desert boots.

Wow we have the same, Clarks desert boots, exact color as above ;)

Guest Iain C

BFavFm1CAAAxvF8.jpg

The oxblood ones are mine - I've had em for more than ten years. They're fucked but I still wear and love them. The black patent ones are my girlfriend's, and they're new this year.

clae-ellington-grey4.jpg

mdg3mjuwn2rlztmyzdm5ody5mgi1mjflnddlmzg5

Clae-Strayhorn-Desert-Boot-for-Spring-Su

All Clae's, right ? They all look really nice. I love those kinds of classic designs with a modern/color twist.

Guest Ron Manager

yep, clae. those ones LUDD posted are fucking nice, love them. will definitely be looking for something similar once i've given up on that grey/red pair.

zdiwmtvlngy0ymm5odayowe3y2e4zte1nzbhmzk2

tried on a pair of these when i was shopping for the Nikes i posted above, and i found them incredibly uncomfortable. i could hardly even get them on! they are just too narrow at the top for my foot i guess.

Yeah.. I'm not too happy about them. They are really a pain in the ass to get on if you don't have a shoehorn. And the insoles are really shite, and they can't be replaced. But they will get more conformable, and easier to get on after a while.

They look cool, but the thing about most types of 70's throwback sneakers is that they always have shit and non-replacable insoles. Which I really hate.

Edited by Ceerial

Guest Iain C

I don't really care for those desert boots with a trainer-like sole. The entire fun of desert boots is the silent, springy, crinkly crepe sole.

i like these...

1353413000chambers_silt_canvas_lat.jpg

"The Chambers takes cap-toed tradition and turns it on its head. With unexpected technical details, neoprene heel and low profile cupsole, the Chambers lets you walk to your own beat."

neoprene heel is slightly concerning but i definitely like to walk to my own beat.

BFavFm1CAAAxvF8.jpg

The oxblood ones are mine - I've had em for more than ten years. They're fucked but I still wear and love them. The black patent ones are my girlfriend's, and they're new this year.

I'm on my 7th pair of docs in 12 years. It might be because all of mine have been the shitty Korean made ones, or that I wear them for 12 hours every day and do a lot of walking, but the leather on every pair I've owned has started to crack/split after about a year, no matter how much I try to care for them. Not to mention I tend to shuffle a bit so the soles get worn down pretty quickly.