IGNORED

VHS Head - Video Club

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest username7410

ANd to think people were saying this was Gescom or BoC last year. It sounds nothing like either of those bands.

I don't know... BoC maybe. Does anybody know for sure it's not?

ANd to think people were saying this was Gescom or BoC last year. It sounds nothing like either of those bands.

I don't know... BoC maybe. Does anybody know for sure it's not?

from what i've heard said on messageboards and shiz, it's a guy from Blackpool, England.

VHS HEAD SPECULATION

VHS Head is a mysterious Blackpool, UK native producer signed to Skam Records.

Rumors are flying around that VHS Head is a secret moniker of the amazing Jackson & His Computer Band.
I had the pleasure of checking out Jackson’s DJ set as he opened for Justice this last week in NYC at Webster Hall.
Not what I was expecting from Jackson, but it was a DJ set full of electro blog-haus bangers even Benny Benassi’s
“Satisfaction” which got all the br0s dancing/moshing. It’s too bad none of audience knew who he was to really
appreciate his genius. Justice essentially took Jackson’s production style of micro-sampling/cut and paste,
collage style. Just take a listen to Jackson & His Computer Band’s song “Hard Tits” and tell me that track did
not heavily influence Justice’s “Valentine”. Checkout photos from the Justice/Jackson
show @ Webster Hall on here courtesy of Mr. Nicky Digital

Anyway back to VHS Head – at first listen it does sound very similar to Jackson’s work but I feel like
it is would be a step backwards for Jackson to produce tracks such as these. Either way I am a big fan
of this chopped up beats and samples production style.

Guest Backson
Not what I was expecting from Jackson, but it was a DJ set full of electro blog-haus bangers even Benny Benassi’s

“Satisfaction” which got all the br0s dancing/moshing.

that's a bit sad to hear. nothing against Ed Banger electro, but it feels like Jackson is being dissuaded from complex amazing stuff just because the audiences want N0IZE. Plus, I felt his recent Kavinsky mix was too simply an punchy, lacking his fantastic mutant beat and chaotic production. I'm hoping his remix was so simple because he had little time, or just because it was for a popular club release.

i'm still convinced it's jackson. at any rate this new album is very good news.

i spoke to VHS on myspace. he said he's busy with things "not just music" but there might be something coming...

and Jackson has said 6 months or so for his album.

• 3 years later...

Archived