IGNORED

What is your favorite album by The Orb?

Capsaicin

it's a toss up between orbvs terrarvm and adventures... orbvs i think is a better album from start to finish. but adventures has great tracks, but there's about 1 or 2 that i don't like!

i'm listening to orb for pretty much the first time ( i've heard little fluffy clouds)

listening to uf orb.. it sounds like future sound of london and orbital mixed together

i'm listening to orb for pretty much the first time ( i've heard little fluffy clouds)

listening to uf orb.. it sounds like future sound of london and orbital mixed together

Towers of Dub is the best track on that album. There is also a 40 minute version of Blue Room on some obscure ep or something

Guest Dirty Protest

For the last 15 or so years have the Orb not just existed for bellends in sales/accounts, who hire a teepee for Glastonbury and dress like cyberpixies at the weekend?

im listening to Baghdad Batteries as I write this and its doing nothing to change my mind.

For the last 15 or so years have the Orb not just existed for bellends in sales/accounts, who hire a teepee for Glastonbury and dress like cyberpixies at the weekend?

im listening to Baghdad Batteries as I write this and its doing nothing to change my mind.

I haven't heard Bicycles and Tricycles/Okie Dokie yet so I can't really agree or disagree

Guest 277: 930-933

Dirty Protest is telling dirty lies.

My favourite The Orb album has got to be Live93, it carries countless memories for me.

Fuck, I used to space out to it and fall asleep when I was 9 and 8 years later it was the soundtrack to many mushroom trips.

Sorry to be cliche but it's adventures in the ultraworld for me. Although, I love orbus and pomme fritz almost as much. I haven't really liked anything they have done since orblivion.

probably Orblivion. For me all the good early/mid orb albums have the same endearing characteristics - simple and pretty on the surface but with seemingly infinite detail beneath

I also quite liked okie dokie, pretty much exactly as advertised (an Orb album that sounds like kompakt)

somehow i've been listening to orblivion since i was a kid. gotta say that album provided me with some of the most amazing images and feelings that the child imagination can produce.

nowadays i mainly return to it for ubiquity and delta mk II, but that doesn't mean the rest of it isn't great

i still need to give orbus terrarum a better chance. every time i've listened to adventures i've found that it's dated poorly. i'm sure if i'd been listening to it for years it would be incredible.

Adventures, UForb, Okie Dokie and Pomme Fritz are all fucking great.

Live93 also holds really special memories for me, I love the version of Little Fluffy Clouds on there as well as the Towers of Dub version. FUcking just about every track on that disc is perfect really...

Live93 also holds really special memories for me, I love the version of Little Fluffy Clouds on there as well as the Towers of Dub version. FUcking just about every track on that disc is perfect really...

Whenever morphine is brought up around me I ALWAYS interject, "ok this is just a morphine drip" and usually end with "HALLELUJAH!" then people make this face :huh:

Live93 is just so grand, little fluffy clouds, towers of dub, and O.O.B.E are just spectacular. For me it's never has the perfect continuity of their first 4 studio albums, but still fantastic.

i'm on a bit of painkillers right now and I must say that Baghdad Batteries is one of the best things I've heard all year. Absolutely sublime. gorgeous. shit is so tranquil. incredibly good. great production, adventurous, "trippy" in the great orb way, otherworldly, complex and layered, soothing, a sonic journey.

Whenever morphine is brought up around me I ALWAYS interject, "ok this is just a morphine drip" and usually end with "HALLELUJAH!" then people make this face :huh:

Live93 is just so grand, little fluffy clouds, towers of dub, and O.O.B.E are just spectacular. For me it's never has the perfect continuity of their first 4 studio albums, but still fantastic.

yeah of course it doesn't have the perfect continuity..it was taken from 3 different live shows and cobbled together. But the versions they chose for it are mmmmmmmmmmgood.

• 1 year later...

Archived