IGNORED

brian eno - here come the warm jets

essines

fucking ace. this album is amazing. love basically every song. i feel kind of gay listening to it, being a devoted metal head but fuck me is this album awesome. only track that annoys me is blank frank.

needs more love.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the best records ever! Blank Frank rules! It has a hurdy gurdy in it....and Robert Fripp wailing, why you no like!?

Taking Tiger Mountain, Another Green World and Before & After Science are equally amazing, different than HCTWJ but amazing...

CHECK EM YOU CANUCK!!!!

really stunning considering it's his first solo attempt.

the paw paw negro blowtorch is my personal fav.

this is such an excellent album and the great part is, his stuff only gets better until music for films.

Another Green World however stands alone in ultimate greatness.

i've heard em all, i think im on a kick atm. i love AGW. and of course i love robert fripp wailing. his solo in st elmos fire is fucking rediculous. i didn't mean i don't like blank frank, i guess i should have said it was my least favorite. baby's on fire is sick.

Guest Calx Sherbet

fucking lol

but yea Eno's vocal stuff is fantastic. taking tiger mountain is my favorite

ever heard before and after science?

Guest Drahken

Sorry to interrupt but I can't contain myself. Calx, your avatar has provided considerable lulz today. I dunno if that even is Kenny Rogers but I get an lol every time I see it.

KennyRogers-2.png

dude...wrong forum

No offence dude, but coming from you? I actually had a proper hearty lol at that.

i dont know what you mean, shouldnt the music stuff be posted in general music discussion?

Guest Calx Sherbet

Sorry to interrupt but I can't contain myself. Calx, your avatar has provided considerable lulz today. I dunno if that even is Kenny Rogers but I get an lol every time I see it.

KennyRogers-2.png

crazy.giflaugh.gif

dude...wrong forum

No offence dude, but coming from you? I actually had a proper hearty lol at that.

i dont know what you mean, shouldnt the music stuff be posted in general music discussion?

yes you are correct, unfortunately this here is General Banter

Ace album. Baby's On Fire is shithot, but Needles In The Camel's Eye and the title track have stuck with me the most. Hard to listen to the last one though, it has a few painful memories of an amorous disappointment.

Baby's On Fire feels so tense and fucks my head every time. Like it's building up to a huge groundshaking orgasmic noisy climax which doesn't arrive.

i've said it many times - the pre-ambient solo eno albums are my absolute favourite albums of his, and some my absolute favourite albums

not a bad track on HCTWJ - baby's on fire might be my favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=draua97qH1Y

MY MY MY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDp8h_xBynM

<3

Also check out another Green world:

*dreamy*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7w4ht7d66g

You guys should go watch "VELVET GOLDMINE" - Loosely based on Bowie, Iggy Pop, Brain Eno, Lou Reed, and Marc Bolan. It's got batman(christian bale) dressed like a lil glamrock school boy...and jonathan rhys davies and ewen mcgregor making out all over the place

But yeah, Another green world is full of some great synth stuff. I believe reading an article about there being actual osc on osc FM synthesis on a modular somewhere on there. Neat stuff.

Archived