IGNORED

the VEHICLE thread

Guest Franklin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car is decent but a piece of shit when it comes to repairs. I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu.

I had to replace a bulb in my right headlight. Mind you I know shit about cars but figured doing this task should be simple. It really wasn't. In the manual it displays how to change the break bulb but nothing for the headlights. It did say something along the lines of 'if other bulbs needs replacement and isn't listed please refer to the dealer.' After doing research and help in the forums this is what is needed:

I had to jack the car up

Take out the right front wheel

Remove the cover in the wheel well (I believe is what it is)

Remove the front plate/cover where the hood is

Loosen and pull apart the front bumper and the side of the front bumper

Then you can unscrew the headlight plate so you can get behind it to replace the bulb.

My friend and I had initial trouble at first but we got this process down to an hour. We had to do this three times. We found out that it was a shorted socket.

My mom has a 2006 Chevy Malibu and found out its the same process you have to do this too.

post-22-0-18288000-1330125066_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-49259600-1330125073_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-80825100-1330125079_thumb.jpg

Guest Drahken

My car is decent but a piece of shit when it comes to repairs. I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu.

I had to replace a bulb in my right headlight. Mind you I know shit about cars but figured doing this task should be simple. It really wasn't. In the manual it displays how to change the break bulb but nothing for the headlights. It did say something along the lines of 'if other bulbs needs replacement and isn't listed please refer to the dealer.' After doing research and help in the forums this is what is needed:

I had to jack the car up

Then you can unscrew the headlight plate so you can get behind it to replace the bulb.

My friend and I had initial trouble at first but we got this process down to an hour. We had to do this three times. We found out that it was a shorted socket.

My mom has a 2006 Chevy Malibu and found out its the same process you have to do this too.

LOL and I thought my Neon was bad. The manual only showed removing the bulb housing screws but you couldn't actually take the fucker out without removing 3 other screws on the front panel and then carefully bending it and weird angles to make enough space to wiggle free.

I had to jack the car up

LOL and I thought my Neon was bad. The manual only showed removing the bulb housing screws but you couldn't actually take the fucker out without removing 3 other screws on the front panel and then carefully bending it and weird angles to make enough space to wiggle free.

I would certainly prefer that over mine :)

i drive this badazz truck, suzuki swift

images.jpg

it was build in 1997, bought it second handed and i'm driving it for 8years, crashed it once but rebuild it

u wouldn't believe the shit that happened there :crazy:

it has a tapeplayer and my only cassette that hasn't melted by the sun are 6 cool autechre tracks, i play them alot

love my japanese car

edit: those rimz i lost them in like a month

Guest Franklin

work and fun vehicle...i live in the woods and do forestry and enviro restoration

7zXZf.jpg

welcome to the forum dude. That raptor is sick by the way. you forest rangers must be making some killer money?

Guest Forestranger
work and fun vehicle...i live in the woods and do forestry and enviro restoration
welcome to the forum dude. That raptor is sick by the way. you forest rangers must be making some killer money?

Thanks Franklin..

I'm not a Forest Ranger per say. I do have schooling in dendrology (trees) and environmental architecture, but the meat of my income comes from a hitachi 320 that my late dad and I went in on. It's modified to do in-stream restoration work. The company I work for also does forestry assessment, fancy way of saying I go and count trees while we fix and restore fish waterways. I'm head field supervisor with company now which actually gives me a lot more free time.

Most of my friends live in the city but I prefer to have trees over people as neighbours.

Interesting story on the raptor too. 2 years ago when the canadian dollar was above the us dollar the dealership ordered it up from texas and I didn't have to pay any import fees since it fell under a lease. I ended up saving over 15k on the sticker price.

It is a toy though and don't put a lot of km's on it. Strictly pleasure off road vehicle. to get me to remote lakes, which there is plenty of around here.

Guest abusivegeorge

4446picc.jpg

good british car this when they were once made all them years ago :)

Incredibly light, I ran around in a 2.0 turbo one of these for a while, there's only around 20 or so of them left now. Very quick and great fun.

Guest abusivegeorge

Mines is a show car with 34k on the clock and one old (81 year old) previous owner, Its a time warp car cus it still looks like it came out the showroom yesterday

Don't suppose you've attended any MG events with it? I'm at most every year and people always bring their mint Montegos along.

Shit, yeah my parents had a Montego when I was younger. Was a 2.0. I think I remember my mum didn't like driving it so much because it was a bit too quick for her. It was black and had a nice spoiler on the back which made it look fucking cool. Must have been like this:

2883295730_f082ff2877.jpg

I do miss that car.

Guest abusivegeorge

Shit, yeah my parents had a Montego when I was younger. Was a 2.0. I think I remember my mum didn't like driving it so much because it was a bit too quick for her. It was black and had a nice spoiler on the back which made it look fucking cool. Must have been like this:

2883295730_f082ff2877.jpg

I do miss that car.

Yes that's it! 2.0 turbo MG Montego saloon! Fucking great cars and seriously quick.

YI144AF41.jpg

This is the same as my everyday car. What a reliable little car. Working for Renault also helps for parts and servicing.

249_17261663254_661408254_855220_3927_n.jpg

Pride & Joy!!!

Awesome, I have a 52 Clio too (very reliable)... in this colour

used_2002_renault_clio_for_sale_94203463250911562.jpg

getting this in a couple of months though

Volkswagen-Golf-Diesel-Hatchback-Diesel-1.6-TDi-105-BlueMotion-Tech-Match-5dr-in-Deep-Black-Pearl-Effect.jpg

Mines is a show car with 34k on the clock and one old (81 year old) previous owner, Its a time warp car cus it still looks like it came out the showroom yesterday

Don't suppose you've attended any MG events with it? I'm at most every year and people always bring their mint Montegos along.

Am allmost finished restoreing it, So dunno if all make it this year or not as I like takeing my time with things :wink:

img0070jw.jpg

2006 Honda Civic, bought in 2009 in a state of emergency after losing my job and having someone total my old car, and have been quite happy with it since.

Although it's steadily acquiring new dings from me having to park in the worst parking lot in Koreatown on a daily basis (not pictured).

• 6 months later...

Archived