IGNORED

Tetsuo

AJW

This is escellent Japanese cinema. Very anime - ish, crazy Aphex - ish music. Fast and beautiful editing. Grimy black and white. Industrial mood with wires and machines clanking everywhere. smoke rising. booster boots so you can hover fast around town. About a man who slowly turns into a walking pile of scrap metal. Starting with a small spike sticking out from his face and growing a huge drill for a penis.

Anyone else know this film? I can deffo recommend it to the good folks in here

I love Shinya Tsukamotos films .. especially A Snake of June (as i remember it - it was a couple of years ago i saw that movie) ..

honestly i heard a bunch of good things about this movie, but compared to uh akira coming out in 1988, and david cronenberg making scanners in 1981 (?!), videodrome in 1983... the fact that this is made in 1989 sorta confirms my opinion of this as art school horseshit. its about as good as the movies cronenberg was making when he was IN college, and that was in like late 60s no word of a lie. j.g. ballard (i fuckingg own this edition) wrote "the atrocity exhibition" in, let me check, published in 1966. too f in little an WAY too late. don't waste your time on this and just watch akira, gesus. hate to be a total SF snob but i'm fantastically dissapointed that this art school crap has any sorta reputation at all, just based on how far ahead a lot of other filmakers with. jesus AKIRA came out in japan befoe this did. derivative crap, anyhow?

I love Bullet Ballet. Starring Merzbow.

I will have to check out A Snake Of June despite the battering someone just gave it.

Saw the second installment of Tetsuo which was ok but nowhere near the original, would still like to see Bullet Man tho

Akira is also one of my all time favourites. Though best anime I've seen is probably Paranoia Agent which is in some aspects similar to Akira.

How about Cat Soup for a slice of cute creepy anime short story?

Guest thanksomuch

asoj is AMAZING, always introduce potential girlfriends to it, if they dont dig it i rarely take it further.

well, i like watching them over again!

asoj is AMAZING, always introduce potential girlfriends to it, if they dont dig it i rarely take it further.

well, i like watching them over again!

you really need to relocate to over the pond.

Guest thanksomuch

i need to do something...

i get tetsuo the iron man consufes with another half metal japanese man with drills movie.... fuck if remmeber the name..

honestly i heard a bunch of good things about this movie, but compared to uh akira coming out in 1988, and david cronenberg making scanners in 1981 (?!), videodrome in 1983... the fact that this is made in 1989 sorta confirms my opinion of this as art school horseshit. its about as good as the movies cronenberg was making when he was IN college, and that was in like late 60s no word of a lie. j.g. ballard (i fuckingg own this edition) wrote "the atrocity exhibition" in, let me check, published in 1966. too f in little an WAY too late. don't waste your time on this and just watch akira, gesus. hate to be a total SF snob but i'm fantastically dissapointed that this art school crap has any sorta reputation at all, just based on how far ahead a lot of other filmakers with. jesus AKIRA came out in japan befoe this did. derivative crap, anyhow?

cmon guys take the bait. ITS ART SCHOOL CRAP

Guest nene multiple assgasms

i love videodrome

i need to own that movie.

oh, snap! I just got the dvd! do you wanna come over and watch it?

420 you are out of your element... You could also argue that why even have Cronenberg make films when Lynch was making films like Eraserhead prior? And why have Ballard even write if Burroughs books mirrored the same atmospheric redolences. Just because someone defined a genre doesn't mean other awkward shut-ins, drug fiends, alcoholics, idee fixe(sp?) like folks can't also give it a go. I enjoyed Tetsou and have never considered it to be a Cronenberg ripoff.

:pedobear:

edit: accept my steam invite already

Guest thanksomuch

i love videodrome

i need to own that movie.

oh, snap! I just got the dvd! do you wanna come over and watch it?

i'll bring the rubber fist and punch :D

cmon guys take the bait. ITS ART SCHOOL CRAP

Did you even see the film?

This is escellent Japanese cinema. Very anime - ish, crazy Aphex - ish music. Fast and beautiful editing. Grimy black and white. Industrial mood with wires and machines clanking everywhere. smoke rising. booster boots so you can hover fast around town. About a man who slowly turns into a walking pile of scrap metal. Starting with a small spike sticking out from his face and growing a huge drill for a penis.

Anyone else know this film? I can deffo recommend it to the good folks in here

Probably watched it 10 times now

420 is kinda right, not totally tho.

akira is the best; unequivocally.

I think the 2 movies can be compared but they are still totally different.

Only one of them has a drill-dick sex/murder scene.

Watch the movie before you make a concrete opinion on it 420.

Archived