IGNORED

Durians

Guest Fishtank

No kidding. I also don't know why mangosteen, which I think should be at the pinnacle of fruit fame along with mangos, pineapples, etc, is not more widely known. It's probably my favorite fruit apart from the dark-horse candidate durian. Also salak, which I've never had outside of indonesia, is delicious, cool-looking, and easy to eat, don't know why it doesn't get more recognition either.

mangosteen:

mangosteen.jpg

salak:

Salak_Salacca_Edulis_Snakeskin_Fruit.jpg

Guest abusivegeorge

Definetly heard of mangosteen never seen one though, if I'd have known it looked that fucking kool I would have tried harder.

No kidding. I also don't know why mangosteen, which I think should be at the pinnacle of fruit fame along with mangos, pineapples, etc, is not more widely known. It's probably my favorite fruit apart from the dark-horse candidate durian. Also salak, which I've never had outside of indonesia, is delicious, cool-looking, and easy to eat, don't know why it doesn't get more recognition either.

mangosteen:

mangosteen.jpg

Mangosteens is incredible, but they're too goddamn expensive to eat regularly.

Have you tried soursop, lumpy?

plate10.jpg

It's really delicious fare.

Guest countchocula

Why have both of your posts slowly narrowed towards the bottom. Did you do that on purpose for effect?

! have no real reason behind it, i just started doing it.

if you want, i could come up with a few reasons though. :smile:

I have no problem with it. I just wanted to know if you did it on purpose or just subconsciously typed that way lol.

Mangosteens is incredible, but they're too goddamn expensive to eat regularly.

Have you tried soursop, lumpy?

plate10.jpg

It's really delicious fare.

I was about to say "no" and then I saw that it's the same thing as a guanabana, and in the same genus as the cherimoya. I've had real live cherimoyas but I've only drank guanabana juice, which is delicious!

mangosteen:

mangosteen.jpg

salak:

Hmm never tried a salak. Mangosteens are fucking dope though, I'll eat those any day of the week and twice on fucking christmas.

mangosteen:

mangosteen.jpg

salak:

hey lum, you're spot on...I travelled to southeast asia a summers ago, and Mangosteen was one of the best things I had there. Once I tried it, I seriously had it ALL the time till I left. My last day in Thailand, I found a girl on the street with fresh fruits making smoothies...she had mangosteen's as well, so I asked her to make me a pure mangosteen smoothie. man, it was heaven.

needless to say, mangosteen is now one of my favorite fruits...however, the one fruit that may beat it is Jackfruit (can't believe it hasn't been mentioned in this thread). Jackfruit is the greatest thing known to mankind.

I've never tasted Durian but I'm into exotic fruits.

Have you guys ever tried Dragonfruit?

dragon-fruit.jpg

Its really awesome. Texturally its alot like a Kiwi, and the taste is a bit familiar but its a very mild taste, almost like water with a tiny bit of sweetness. Awesome fruit.

I've tried lychee before though, and I fucking hated it. It looks like a skinned testicle, the consistency of the tissue feels like chewing on a testicle might, and the taste has forever been burned into my brain as the taste of human testicle - only to be replaced if I ever try human testicle.

Archived