IGNORED

Stuck in Piezo

AJW

I have come to the conclusion that Piezo is the most wonderful piece of Amber

Until 4:40 Piezo is all jovial and bouncy, albeit with sporadic hints of something a little somber. The jumping restlessness ceases at around 4:40 being taken over by the teary eyed beauty. This melodic soaring sombreness is the one robot finally realising it is dying and the jumpiness can't block that out anymore. It's friend is still trying in vain with so much lost hope to cheer his friend up with the now sparsom squelches and bleeps that sound so sad now on the backdrop of the soaring sadness.

This is the most beautiful love song ever programmed.

Amber is fucking savage. Not a dud track on it. "Nil" was the first song that blew me away....still does to this day. ".Yulquen" is the ultimate electronic lullaby. The Lost EP gives me a boner as well. As do these BBQ Chicken Drumsticks i'm about to put in the oven. Yes yes.

amber is fantastic for what it is, and i have a hard time imagining how they were throwing out tracks like that in 1993. i was about to start 1st grade.

piezo is probably one of the most moving ae songs though, those chords are just. so. fucking. perfect. whenever i hear a similar song progression i think of how piezo is the flagship of that type of song (idm stuff all eventually drawn together with a big long fat pad phrase).

this is an example of an ae song that is far greater than the sum of its parts.

Guest Balance

I got stuck in Piezo a few weeks ago too, it's so moving.

Instead of a robot crying I think of an alien species desperately trying to communicate something important to mankind but they can't make themselves understood.

I got stuck in Piezo a few weeks ago too, it's so moving.

Instead of a robot crying I think of an alien species desperately trying to communicate something important to mankind but they can't make themselves understood.

Yeah this is more like what I get out of it.

There's something embryonic about it. Like the scene in 2001 with the star child.

Most of Amber is really blue but Piezo glows sun red.

Guest ataraxy2

I've always thought Piezo was their best track ever since I first heard it. Nothing they've made yet has made me think otherwise.

Archived