IGNORED

Yeesland and Chunge

sweepstakes

http://jump.fm/UTLBM

Not sure whether this proves anything. I have been meaning to try this for a while. We got our first snow here today and that always puts me in the mood for Cichlisuite. I had a minute so I figured I'd go for it - fired up Reaper and sloppily mixed/tempo-matched these. They're not hard panned because hard panning hurts my brain.

Some sections of the beginning almost seems too similar to be a coincidence. It kind of falls apart in the middle when Chunge does its Cipater-like transform but a lot of the drum hits are still in the same spots, which makes me think it's not the tempo but the time signature that changes. Or something...?

Only familiar with Gescom via some tracks (possibly even remixes) on the Ae remix album (where Ae remix others' songs) And they were primarily the ones I enjoyed most of the whole album, apart from East Flatbush Project, which was ver' ver' niiice.

What else have Gescom done?

Shit negro. Key Nell and Sounds of Machines Our Parents Used are awesome, up there with some of autechre's best shit. Key Nell sounds almost 100% autechre to me, it's like the bridge between tri rep and chiastic (also chronologically between them) when they started incorporating more of the crunchy mechanical percussion that would define chiastic, envane, and ciclisuite. The 2 Keynell remixes that came after are sweet too, although they sound a lot more like their earlier amber and tri rep stuff.

viral rival is a standout gescom song done by ae or something like that. holy shit the first time i heard that i busted a nut all over my neighbors

keynell 1 and 4 are my faves of that album, but i think the ae keynells are both nicer.

what did sean say about gescom? he was involved in one release and not much else?

viral rival is a standout gescom song done by ae or something like that. holy shit the first time i heard that i busted a nut all over my neighbors

keynell 1 and 4 are my faves of that album, but i think the ae keynells are both nicer.

what did sean say about gescom? he was involved in one release and not much else?

i think sean said he did one track on a1-d1

nothing about other releases tho

• 3 weeks later...

Truth2! I went back and listened to machines our parents used, Gescom EP, C&D, Motor, all very surprisingly brilliant because last I heard them I did not enjoy them much.

That being said I was ALWAYS a fan of ISS:SA, Tangle Ill and Slow Acid are two brilliant fucking pieces!

Archived