IGNORED

how can i make some gravy?

Guest idrn

Guest abusivegeorge

et's goodbye scene continuously looping would equal infinite gravy tears.

lovely savoury tears!

ET made a goodbye scene?

I need to see this so I can cry some gravy tears, direct me plz :).

what do you mean by chicken stock... stock prepared from the chicken your cooking ... or stock cubes?

caue if you got chicken cubes then just mix them up with boiling water.... preferably the water you coooked peas and carrots or whatever in.... add the chicken fat.....stir in cornflour to thicken if need be .... keep tasting it till it's alright...

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take exception to this. The cliche of fat = flavour doesn't really apply with stocks, gravies, etc. I'm not suggesting you make a consomme, but you need to remove most of the fat, although a little bit in gravy is ok. The reason being you just end up with a greasy gravy which masks the flavour of everything else. What you do want are the juices and caramalised bits from the roasting pan.

Guest abusivegeorge

On a fish note, has anyone heard about the albatross' that get killed on these supposedly "Dolphin friendly" Tuna fish lines?

I have no idea as to the plural of Albatross so forgive me if the grammar is incorrect :).

roasting pan juices is pretty much what i was refering too

i wouldn't go crazy with it though

But I want you to go crazy with those roasting pan juices...maybe add a splash of port...finish it with a teaspoon of redcurrant...

roasting pan juices is pretty much what i was refering too

i wouldn't go crazy with it though

But I want you to go crazy with those roasting pan juices...maybe add a splash of port...finish it with a teaspoon of redcurrant...

redcurrant plays havoc with my bowels

Guest Coalbucket PI

thank you for elaborating. sounds like you handled the situation well!

now as promised here is my delicious gravy recipe.

brown and water.

brown?! I've been using grey!

Archived