IGNORED

does anyone on this forum actually listen to minimal/other techno, house?

pcock

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cause we Germans suck, but can do techno. And that's better than anyone else.

I love techno music. It's the most honest electronic music & the sound of our generation.

Check out Stewart Walker, Touane and the persona label for really sweet melodic minimal.

Check out Benno Blome and his sender label for bad-ass berlin-style techno.

Just to name a few.

Guest Pleasure Boater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kWjmSFIKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqd8zt-ASHU

If you like this then I cannot stress how great Sutekh's work is... The EP Elephant And Obelisk and album Fell are both ace... great melody and weirdness factor. Also, check out the Pigeon Funk moniker used for his collaboration w/ Kit Clayton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDos1_4b5zc&feature=related

Its hard to pick any particular track by DJ ESP / Woody McBride because all his output is consistently fantastic w/ few standouts. I suggest any/all of it, and there are thousands of cheap records in the used bin by him

yeh yeh

Guest dese manz hatin

Cause we Germans suck, but can do techno. And that's better than anyone else.

Oh yeah I see that.

It's true. It's really probably the only thing we are truly the world's best at. That and proper partying, but they accompany eachother.

i just finished up a tech house track about an hour ago. it's basically a remix of a track that will appear on my next album... the tech house track i'll put on an ep before the album comes out. kinda like a single of the title track cuz i have about 5 different versions of said track.

Guest dese manz hatin

Mh yes, I'm listening to this album for the first time today....halfway through and already one of the most beautiful records i've heard for some time!

Anyway, I'm mad for the clicky stuff again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-2hcWb23mg

• 3 weeks later...

I like quite a bit in this area. Anyone else catch that Metroplex 1985-2005 compilation of Juan Atkins stuff? Or Purposemaker by Jeff Mills? A lot of that old school Detroit shit kicks ass to this day. For my money, the most infamous "rave" song is Strings of Life by Derrick May.

I like quite a bit in this area. Anyone else catch that Metroplex 1985-2005 compilation of Juan Atkins stuff? Or Purposemaker by Jeff Mills? A lot of that old school Detroit shit kicks ass to this day. For my money, the most infamous "rave" song is Strings of Life by Derrick May.

Yeah, I've got both the Juan Atkins Metroplex and Derrick May Innovator compilations, both are great and in my regular rotation. Gotta check me out some Jeff Mills, I presume that the purposemaker comp is a good place to start?

Guest dese manz hatin

Unfortunately not... some little shit town atm (moving to Hamburg soon though), but I'm there once in three weeks basically as it's only a 3 hour drive from here.

I presume that the purposemaker comp is a good place to start?

Purpose Maker as a label I find hit and miss but the compilation is excellent.

Some of his best are on Axis though, e.g.:

[youtubehd]uGrLpHWYdZI[/youtubehd]

And he is still releasing new stuff regularly. Not saying all of it is great, just saying.

• 1 month later...

Archived