IGNORED

"World's strongest beer" launched

BCM

BrewDog was previously branded irresponsible for an 18.2% beer called Tokyo, which it then followed with a low alcohol beer called Nanny State.

haha i like this company.

I'd like to try making snakebite with this then down a pint of it, get up off the floor and try and do some complicated dance moves.

You sir are a bad mutha. (looks up snakebite, so as to better commune with the gag) . Oh so you cut it with cider, good idea. Unfortunately now you're less of a bad mutha than I thought you were. ;-]

Guest fiznuthian

dogfishhead 120 minute IPA is 21% and it tastes pretty good, but it blasts you with hops.

this isn't a far cry from 21%, could be good maybe?

I'd like to try making snakebite with this then down a pint of it, get up off the floor and try and do some complicated dance moves.

You sir are a bad mutha. (looks up snakebite, so as to better commune with the gag) . Oh so you cut it with cider, good idea. Unfortunately now you're less of a bad mutha than I thought you were. ;-]

boy have you got a lot to learn about snakebite. CUT it with Cider?? more like augment with Cider.... I don't actally drink it but Snakebite is one of the more economical ways to get extremely drunk extremely quickly. The Cider seems to kind of react with the beer to produce a stronger drink. You should try it....

boy have you got a lot to learn about snakebite. CUT it with Cider?? more like augment with Cider.... I don't actally drink it but Snakebite is one of the more economical ways to get extremely drunk extremely quickly. The Cider seems to kind of react with the beer to produce a stronger drink. You should try it....

hrmm, perhaps it goes along with that line about mixing your drinks. Cause really, empirically, i don't buy the line that mixing cider with beer makes it stronger. Perhaps it is that people drinking snakebite tend to rush their drinks down, so getting hammered more quickly and then attributing their state of heightened inebriation to the beer and cider combination.

maybe.

I say this because i was reading, whilst researching snakebite, about how bar tenders in brisbane would tell patrons that the two drinks cause some kind of magical fermentation that powers up the beverage. Which of course would be impossible. And this is the only line i can find that is used in support of this idea.

anyway, i'll stop rambling and go to bed .. good night ;]

BrewDog was previously branded irresponsible for an 18.2% beer called Tokyo, which it then followed with a low alcohol beer called Nanny State.

haha i like this company.

"This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. In exactly the same manner that you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost."

fucking lol, me too

i'm surprised nobody's commented on the name - Tactical Nuclear Penguin - sounds like a new Snares track.... I can just hear John Peel announcing it:

"and that was Tactical Nuclear Penguin by Venetian Snares....."

I have tasted a lot of BrewDogs stuff... a lot of it is pretty good. They brew a pretty mean stout and their IIPA's aren't too shabby either. I'm pretty sure this wont taste like shit since they are a brewer whom know what they are doing and know how to conceal the alcohol.

Guest Helper ET

I have tasted a lot of BrewDogs stuff... a lot of it is pretty good. They brew a pretty mean stout and their IIPA's aren't too shabby either. I'm pretty sure this wont taste like shit since they are a brewer whom know what they are doing and know how to conceal the alcohol.

how do they conceal the alcohol?

Just as they do with mixed drinks... with flavor. They'll either use, depending on the style of beer, coffee, chocolate, hops, barley, sour cherries, fruit or any assortment of ingredients... could be anything really.... hard to say really until I try it. It'll probably be a stout of some sort and it's going to be amazing for aging.

how can I get this in America?

It'll probably be available in short supply at any of your local micro brew suppliers. There are about 4 shops within driving distance that I can get brewdogs stuff.

Archived