Evolution of the IDM Beard:

1992:

Smoth as a baby's ass, just getting some hair on his nads

idm.jpg

1993:

Begins Axl Rose fixation, starts fad of hanging out in coffee shops

idm1.jpg

1995:

Decides to let it grow, what the Hell he's not getting laid anyway. does way too much LSD.

idm2.jpg

1997:

Gets in touch with his inner child, begins hooliganism in the streets

idm3.jpg

1999:

Goes tits up (literally), begins hanging with the Hollywood tranny hooker scene

idm4.jpg

2001:

Botched cosmetic surgery leads to a lull in self confidence. joins NAMBLA

idm5-1.jpg

2003:

Reunites with illegitimate son, admits he has a drinking problem and joins a 12 step

idm6.jpg

2004:

Cuts bitch locks, plans comeback through massive vinyl mail order scam

idm7.jpg

2006:

Has his own Empire Strikes Back moment, when Peter Hook tells him "I Am Your Father". cries

idm9.jpg

2008:

Begins to wear rose colored glasses daily, to deal with loss of relevance

idm8.jpg

2009:

Reality of turining 40 begins to weigh heavily, must figure out how to get in on this "MP3 fad"

idm10.jpg

2010:

Starts banging this chick in an effort to become Charlie Sheen

SunnyLane2.jpg

ah yeah, skinny jeans = hipster

no. skinny jeans = hot.

skinny jeans = difficult to dance in. So we are to assume that wearers can't dance, otherwise they would know this.

skinny jeans = hard to take off. So we can assume that wearers never go to the toilet, and now we have rationalised why they are full of shit.

skinny jeans = ?

i meant slim fit for guys, skinny jeans for girls. it's the same thing. however, skinny jeans for guys are those ugly things that dude in the picture is wearing. it's a bit confusing.

can anyone describe what a hipster is in less than 140 characters?

HIPSTERS

have an obsession with retro shit, despite having no indepth knowledge of the shit in question (like my sister, who wears a cassette as a necklace-thing, despite never owning a cassette player in her life. she also wrote "The Clash" on the cassette, even though she doesn't know any Clash songs, and despite the fact that the cassette actually has Orbital on it)

generally talk about stuff as if they're massive fans, whereas actually they know nothing - like people who see the Come to Daddy video on youtube once and then go round telling everyone they're massive afx fans and putting afx badges on their bag

obsessed with being seen to be doing things - and see this as more important than actually doing it. like, going into downtown Toronto not because they want to do stuff there, but because they want to appear in facebook photos taken in downtown Toronto cos its such a hip place.

that's the general gist of the hipster thing, derived from observations of my sister (who, interestingly, got really angry and upset when i accused her of being a hipster)

that took some effort to type, i'm still drunk

absolutely spot fucking on.

a lot of people rag on hipsters from how they dress, but that's only a part of the equation. wait for them to open their mouths and then you know whether to kick them out or not.

Hm, most of the people I've met who kind of dress in this fashion have been pretty normal down to earth intellectual types, but the ones I've met have been in their mid-twenties, and have been friends of friends or whatever... so I'm probably not getting the full picture of the stereotype and why it's so universally despised. Maybe if I were in highschool and surrounded by kids dressed like this trying incredibly hard to fit in it would be a different story. But I doubt it's any worse than any other highschool clique. A lot of music associated with the hipster scene is great music to my ears, but as with any other scene its filled with tons of shit that's a cheap imitation of whatever else is doing well within the scene.

I'm surprised there's less guido bashing. Maybe it's just too easy? Or maybe people just don't want to think about it. Nah, I think Hipster bashing is big because its a style that more people on here could fit into but do not want to be associated with. Whereas I don't imagine many people on here would be mistaken for guidos.

Guest ezkerraldean

at least we know where ezkerraldean really lives now, thankyou alcohol, well unless he quoted that from somewhere else .

lolwot

my family lives near Toronto, i don't.

more hipster lols: my sister's friend (who is egyptian / has egyptian roots / whatever) has a tattoo of a heiroglyphic cartouche - but she doesn't know what it says.

Hm, most of the people I've met who kind of dress in this fashion have been pretty normal down to earth intellectual types, but the ones I've met have been in their mid-twenties, and have been friends of friends or whatever... so I'm probably not getting the full picture of the stereotype and why it's so universally despised. Maybe if I were in highschool and surrounded by kids dressed like this trying incredibly hard to fit in it would be a different story. But I doubt it's any worse than any other highschool clique. A lot of music associated with the hipster scene is great music to my ears, but as with any other scene its filled with tons of shit that's a cheap imitation of whatever else is doing well within the scene.

I'm surprised there's less guido bashing. Maybe it's just too easy? Or maybe people just don't want to think about it. Nah, I think Hipster bashing is big because its a style that more people on here could fit into but do not want to be associated with. Whereas I don't imagine many people on here would be mistaken for guidos.

but see, the problem is that hipsters are an amalgamation of ALL scenes. Hipsters=scenesters, but worse, because they are overly self-ironic, which sets up the idea that they are somehow impervious and even above criticism,

holy shit....

maybe ive been wrong this whole time....

maybe hipsters are the fully realized version of the ubermensch.

holy shit i gotta sit down and do some serious thinking.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

hipster-pants1.jpg

I'm praying...his body is shopped . He has the anatomy of Goofy

lol the similarities are uncanny

boys_with_goofy_254.jpg

I reiterate.

I will not suffer these people any longer.

If I am in any way involved with a party, they shall be removed.

So sayeth the ruler of Bathos

PS: I realized I made a ton of spelling mistakes, and rather than go the hipster way and make some self-ironic jab at the authority of spelling for spelling's sake, I shall instead admit that I misspelled and that I am, in fact, an idiot.

Archived