IGNORED

how do you deal with people who believe in batshit insane conspiracy theories?

Guest chax

troon do you belong to some kind of cult or do you just plan to start one? I actually know someone who has a cult-group thing going on, and you seem to share a lot of similar thought processes and ideas as her. Do you believe you are the one that needs to 'save humanity' and 'ensure survival of the species'?

no, i am not the one, no human is, yet we are all pieces.

it goes beyond the flesh.

we must all be brothers and sisters who work together.

cult is open for interpretation. there are so many ideas of what that means.

McDonald's is a cult.

Xbox 360 is a cult.

it's all in the details of meaning.

i am not in a cult. it's much bigger then that.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ezkerraldean

you have a good point. i don't understand how viruses can survive in cold conditions like that though. i know that they have a super basic structure that doesn't need much of anything to survive, but still, wouldn't their proteins get denatured or something?

they just become dormant, as does pretty much everything organic at permafrost-esque temperatures. so nothing really rots. i guess anyway lol

troon do you belong to some kind of cult or do you just plan to start one? I actually know someone who has a cult-group thing going on, and you seem to share a lot of similar thought processes and ideas as her. Do you believe you are the one that needs to 'save humanity' and 'ensure survival of the species'?

I'm not sure why you (or anyone else on this backwards forum) bothers to respond to such an obvious troll.

every post i've read from you is arrogant as shit (and i'm fulling expecting a comeback along the lines of "and every post i've read from you is dumb as shit").

why do you even bother posting here if this forum is so backwards? you're either a crotchety old man or jus' trollin'.

are you talking about CondesenseWindow? i was kind of taken aback yesterday at him calling me a racist for liking Mel Gibson's movies. Then i asked him what the most important thing to him in the world is right now we should focus on and his response was 'racism'. definitely reeks of trolling activity

are 'communist' countries worse than ours? why do we have 25% of the world's prison population but only 4.53% of the world's population total. I find it very strange when people think America is still a huge beacon of freedom

i was mostly talking about old communist countries, like the ones formerly in eastern europe. their suppression of protesting and such is commonly known these days and is a great example of your government fucking you over instead of protecting you and lovingly caressing you.

is that a response to any actual post awe ?? .. or are you just out to raise some ire, so you've got something to do for the next couple of hours .. ;-] .. hehe

yeah basically, im just tired of these acquiescent asses who get mad at or ostracize people for complaining about the government. I can understand why someone like that would choose to not care, but when you project your uncaring attitude outward to the point of getting angered by other people's complaints it's a strange thing. It's almost like some kind of overcompensation for a lack of curiosity on their part. If you aren't curious and don't care fine by me, but don't piss on other people for not being so apathetic.

you have a good point. i don't understand how viruses can survive in cold conditions like that though. i know that they have a super basic structure that doesn't need much of anything to survive, but still, wouldn't their proteins get denatured or something?

they just become dormant, as does pretty much everything organic at permafrost-esque temperatures. so nothing really rots. i guess anyway lol

i'm gonna ask my bio teacher about this tomorrow. i'm really curious now.

Ask them about prions too, talk about batshit insane.

the truth will set us free.

... problem is to many of us have been tricked to already think we are free.

the freest of us still dose not have even a glimpse of what true freedom is.

answers only come with questions, but you have to know who to ask.

Ask them about prions too, talk about batshit insane.

i'm mostly curious because scientists still argue over whether viruses are alive or not. common knowledge dictates that things that are alive normally don't survive being frozen at permafrost temperatures. so do viruses?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

we wouldn't need vaccines for them if they were completely eradicated! which they're not. because we keep them in labs. and by we, i mean most countries. so if the usa gets rid of their stash, iran could use it against them, blah blah blah--it's the same bullshit that got us into this nuclear weapons dick measuring contest.

and couldn't we just something less malevolent to study the evolution of bacteria and viruses?

The problem is that viruses and bacteria evolve, as every other living being on this planet. For example, mankind will never be free from flu, because each year a new virus pops out and we have to develop another vaccine that works.

Biological terrorism is even scarier, but evolution doesn't depend on any government.

I don't understand your last question. That would be like saying that since bears are too dangerous, we should just study butterflies' evolution.

troon how much acid have u done in your life?

i am not a one hit wonder.

acid is a fake version of the real thing.

they (it) will keep doing this to us as long as we allow it.

(afx is a better version, but still not completely accret)

we wouldn't need vaccines for them if they were completely eradicated! which they're not. because we keep them in labs. and by we, i mean most countries. so if the usa gets rid of their stash, iran could use it against them, blah blah blah--it's the same bullshit that got us into this nuclear weapons dick measuring contest.

and couldn't we just something less malevolent to study the evolution of bacteria and viruses?

The problem is that viruses and bacteria evolve, as every other living being on this planet. For example, mankind will never be free from flu, because each year a new virus pops out and we have to develop another vaccine that works.

Biological terrorism is even scarier, but evolution doesn't depend on any government.

I don't understand your last question. That would be like saying that since bears are too dangerous, we should just study butterflies' evolution.

so basically, it's impossible to completely destroy a type of disease? what if it didn't have time to mutate further and become resistant to medications? surely then we could eliminate it from the planet.

and my last question was based on the assumption that the differences between bacteria are far less than the differences between butterflies and bears, to use your example. but i see what you're saying.

so basically, it's impossible to completely destroy a type of disease? what if it didn't have time to mutate further and become resistant to medications? surely then we could eliminate it from the planet.

and my last question was based on the assumption that the differences between bacteria are far less than the differences between butterflies and bears, to use your example. but i see what you're saying.

the answer is in advancing our own immunity.

we have the ability to become completely impervious to any virus, yet we have forgotten

this knowledge. therefor we become sick. all great sicknesses of the past are do to forgotten knowledge of the truth.

they (it) keeps us looking here when we are supposed to be looking there :smile:

do not be deceived!

Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (aids) .... they (it) has played this same experiment in many different ways.

i am not a troll

i am troon.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

We are able to eliminate a disease from the planet, like smallpox, but one at a time, and there are many ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Viral_diseases , I'm quite sure that list is incomplete, but it gives you an idea).

Furthermore, most of those diseases need their own cure, this is the hardest task to achieve (think of HIV) because we know few things about viruses and they evolve faster than us.

Then you have prions and bacteria, the former are the worst, they're just proteins that float around and cause big damages, while the latter are the easiest to deal with among the three from what I understand.

Differences between living beings can be huge at any level. According to wikipedia, the smallest virus known to infect animals is the hepatitis d virus and its genome is a sequence of 1700 nucleotides, that means there could be 41700 different viruses* of the same size. Each one of those can be totally different from the rest, like man is totally different from a monkey even if they have 97% of their DNA in common.

*there can't be that many because most of those variations can't survive

Ask your bio teacher about Tardigrades.

Truly amazing shit.

it's a wonder life has made it this far

:happy: :happy: :happy:

edit: troon'd

See that theory about the dinosaurs being helped to die off, by infectious disease from the two landmasses that had collided at the time. Thereby allowing transmission to irresistant species. As dino's and their parasites from both areas intermingled. It's a novel and timely theory, and sits proudly alongside the old asteroid and newer indian volcanos arguments

i believe computer games such as "call of duty" are training tools.

designed to prepare western teenagers for future military activity.

i believe computer games such as "chuckie egg" are training tools.

designed to prepare western teenagers for avoiding giant birds and collecting eggs.

difficult combination, cause if you're after those eggs you are gonna come across an bird or two eventually. So thank goodness training simulations have been created.

plus yes, i did read somewhere that ppl that had grown up on fps' were more likely to shoot at an enemy, rather than just stand there trying to fight through the moral implications or utter barbarity of it all. But isn't that what we want in a solider, Then he's less likely to get killed. I think this was just one study though, so you can't give it too much value.

i believe computer games such as "call of duty" are training tools.

designed to prepare western teenagers for future military activity.

The US military released the FPS "Area 51" as freeware a while back. Good game, but wtf?

Archived