IGNORED

Amon Tobin

karmakramer

Haven't heard much new coming from this guy, and haven't heard much discussion about him here lately... Just got some new Shure 440's Headphones ($100, absolutely amazing quality imo) and I am listening to Foley Room... really amazing release. The layering and detail that went into this album is absurd. I wonder if he's working on anything atm?

2791-foley_room_1.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

a lot of his productions are fucking crazy cinematic, this reminds me I really want to see the fucking foley room bonus dvd, showing the field recording and production sessions but all the torrents ive tried have no fucking seeders, it looks awesome

a lot of his productions are fucking crazy cinematic, this reminds me I really want to see the fucking foley room bonus dvd, showing the field recording and production sessions but all the torrents ive tried have no fucking seeders, it looks awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWgJjKQ2Jo

The guy is so ahead of the curve that it's not even funny. Nobody mangles samples like Tobin! Love his older stuff and the soundtrack he did for splinter cell is so ace. One of a tiny handful of people where I would love to see his creative process.

here :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWgJjKQ2Jo

fuck yeh THANKZ

finally watching that foley room bonus dvd mini documentary on the making of that album seriously makes me want to work my ass off and call a bunch of my projects good so I can make an album with a quarter as much ambition in creativity

Amon Tobin is ace. Don't forget out from out where, great album.

The 2 fingers album was a bit too club cheese, although the instrumentals version is quite enjoyable

Agree completely, especially on Two Fingers. I quite want to pick up the instrumentals disc

Guest hahathhat

I love Permutation and Supermodified, got kinda turned off by the rest, but I will say that no one wrecks a sample like he can, good god

Archived