IGNORED

the worst thread ever

Guest bundle of sticks

Guest bundle of sticks

ok so i need to turn this little metal thing, and to do that you must insert an allen key (hex key), and then turn either left or right, well, the hole that the allen key goes into has worn out over time, and the allen key just spins inside the whole. i really want to turn this thing badly...anyone know of a fix?

unbranded-uniloc-s1700-allen-key-3mm.jpg

i know this thread is stupid but damnit i dont know what to do

thanks in advance

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

Look for a screwdriver that’s slightly too wide to go in diagonally and gently hammer it in a few times. Then try to turn the screwdriver, always giving pressure on the screw.

As this will ruin the screw, you’ll want to get a new one.

ok so i need to turn this little metal thing, and to do that you must insert an allen key (hex key), and then turn either left or right, well, the hole that the allen key goes into has worn out over time, and the allen key just spins inside the whole. i really want to turn this thing badly...anyone know of a fix?

i know this thread is stupid but damnit i dont know what to do

thanks in advance

Is says how to do it in "the rules". You would know if you read them.

Guest beatfanatic

Look for a screwdriver that’s slightly too wide to go in diagonally and gently hammer it in a few times. Then try to turn the screwdriver, always giving pressure on the screw.

As this will ruin the screw, you’ll want to get a new one.

This

Your screw is probably damaged to begin with if the complementary allen key doent fit in it.

You can try the same thing that Ivan suggested but with a slightly bigger allen key (try one size bigger than the current one) and gently hammer it a few times till the bigger allen key fits and loosen the screw slowly. Replace the screw if you dont want to go through the same hassle next time.

you could also cut a slot into the screw's head with a small circular saw and then use a normal dash screwdriver to turn it. in any case, replace the screw with a new one after you get this one out!

and next time use the allen key of the right size.

Guest beatfanatic

I'm assuming he meant worst thread ever as in the threading on the screw

great catch, i bet he didnt even mean that

Guest Coalbucket PI

I dispute this as the threading of the screw is not relevant to the problem at hand

I dispute this as the threading of the screw is not relevant to the problem at hand

This crossed my mind afterwards as well but fuck it, close enough to call it a cool co-incidence

Archived