IGNORED

Sean Booth / Kouhei Matsunaga / Mika Vainio - 3. Telepathics Meh in-sect Connection

Guest raan

mskix.jpg

Sean Booth / Kouhei Matsunaga / Mika Vainio - 3. Telepathics Meh in-sect Connection

CD available on Important Records January 26th

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The 'Important Records' description of 3.Telepathics Meh In-sect Er Connection, by Mika Vainio/Kouhei Matsunaga/Sean Booth:

This is Important's second release in a 4 record series each featuring the work of the enigmatic Japanese artist Kouhei Matsunaga. Telepathic full length collaborative release from Kouhei Matsunaga, Sean Booth of Autechre and Pan Sonic's Mika Vainio. Using space, silence and electronic tones these three electricians rewire your brain for a new comprehension of sound.

Using space, silence and electronic tones these three electricians rewire your brain for a new comprehension of sound.

would still love to hear samples before ordering it, especially because this description is the polar opposite of what i was wanting/expecting from such a collaboration. 3 of the most interesting beat makers/electronic rhythmic based music producers working today making minimalist tone music, was the intention of this release to be a giant cock-tease in compact disc form?

Using space, silence and electronic tones these three electricians rewire your brain for a new comprehension of sound.

would still love to hear samples before ordering it, especially because this description is the polar opposite of what i was wanting/expecting from such a collaboration. 3 of the most interesting beat makers/electronic rhythmic based music producers working today making minimalist tone music, was the intention of this release to be a giant cock-tease in compact disc form?

i feel the same way. could not find any samples to listen to, the quote is best i could do. :shrug:

would be so bad ass if Sean booth & Rob Brown did each a solo album, i could only dream

it's still a huge mystery to me which member contributes to a particular trademark AE sound

i could chewbacca on some han solo :blink:

brown is more of the melody and booth more of the beats right? at least i remember reading that somewhere.

the quote from important Records would hint at the opposite.... confusing. :wacko:

would be so bad ass if Sean booth & Rob Brown did each a solo album, i could only dream

it's still a huge mystery to me which member contributes to a particular trademark AE sound

Ditto

jesus christ, so are these people who ordered it and are now getting shipment notifications, is that for real or do you think those shipping notifications were sent by mistake too early? I wonder if those people got actual tracking #s.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

jesus christ, so are these people who ordered it and are now getting shipment notifications, is that for real or do you think those shipping notifications were sent by mistake too early? I wonder if those people got actual tracking #s.

I have no reason to believe it wasn't shipped to me. I've never had that happen to me with this company before, and I've ordered from them plenty of times. I didn't get a tracking number, but we'll see if it arrives today.

I just got this from my mail box. I'll listen to it later & give everyone a basic description.

I just got this from my mail box. I'll listen to it later & give everyone a basic description.

Looking forward to it.

Tangent: It'd be really cool if Æ did an EP called "Booth/Brown" where the first half was all Booth doing solo stuff and the second half was all Brown doing solo stuff. I'd be ecstatic.

Guest Enter a new display name

Please tell me more. :whistling:

trainspotter factoid: the spine of the digipak says "3. telepathics meh in-sect er connection," but the front cover and the cd itself don't have the "er."

tracklist:

11th june 2008

mika and kouhei

11th june 2008

mika and kouhei and sean

pyramid edited and mix by kouhei

11th june 2008

kouhei and sean

there are no beats to be found on the album. it is overall very quiet. there's a quiet static throughout most of the album. the sounds range from what sounds like small metal instruments played very quietly as if someone is scratching them, to musique concrete percussion/mic adjustment to high pitched electronic tones and stuff kind of similar to a rainbow in curved air by terry riley. keep in mind I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this type of music.

Guest narkeworld

Who did you buy it from?

Who did you buy it from?

cduniverse.com

Archived