IGNORED

Anyone else into trekking, scrambling etc?

Guest Conor74

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Conor74

Thought it was strictly for old, lesbian looking types too, with their ruddy complexions and stout hiking poles. And a lot of them should be beaten for getting all decked out in North Face gear to walk along a tarred road. But no drugs give you the rush you get crossing a ridge with a 1000 foot drop on either side, it's good clean fun.

Guest Conor74

in the uk we call it rambling.

Rambling is 'walking'. Like along a garden path. Shackleton did not ramble around the South Pole. Hilary did not ramble up Everest. Bonington didn't ramble up the North Face of the Eiger. And none of them were ridiculed either!

Edited by Conor74

Guest Conor74

booties

Baby footwear or arses?

When it comes to sport, I refused to be ridiculed by anyone from the island that gave us cricket and rugby... :tongue:

Guest Coalbucket PI

Have you ever played scramble cricket? Its like cricket but you do it in the woods at night and you wear knee socks only

Guest Conor74

i'd rather play rugby than walk up a fucking hill.

Rugby is for fags. Fat fags.

No fat fags on them hills. Some study proved it lately.

What the fuck is wrong with trekking it around hills and the like? Is it just hills or do you attach the same shitty viewpoint to cliffs?

Is it a height thing? Because if so I'm seven foot tall and I'll fucking bury you.

I've gotten into hiking (as we call it here) since moving to the pacific northwest. As said, it is good clean fun! It's nice getting to the top of a ridge, ledge, mountain, whatever, and having such an awesome panoramic view of the world around you. Nothing like it, really. What's nice about the whole experience too is that you leave all your problems behind. You're so focused on what you're doing, enjoying the scenery, conversing with whoever you're hiking with, etc. it's just a very liberating experience.

Yesterday I went snowshoeing. It was fun too, but was mostly amongst trees and didn't enjoy any views really. The drive there was nice and more scenic though.

Thought it was strictly for old, lesbian looking types too, with their ruddy complexions and stout hiking poles. And a lot of them should be beaten for getting all decked out in North Face gear to walk along a tarred road. But no drugs give you the rush you get crossing a ridge with a 1000 foot drop on either side, it's good clean fun.

until you step on some loose rock and twist your ankle, plummeting to your a slow and painful death as you bleed/starve to death in the woods with all your limbs broken getting raped by bear wishing to god you wouldve stayed home with a book and a hot toddy.

this guys talking about hiking right?

until you step on some loose rock and twist your ankle, plummeting to your a slow and painful death as you bleed/starve to death in the woods with all your limbs broken getting raped by bear wishing to god you wouldve stayed home with a book and a hot toddy.

that's when you rope up & break out the equipment

lotsa interesting sound to be found in the remote and especially the remote high areas.

and there's the geological, the wild layered rock structures, the unusual atmospheric/air conditions,

there's something to be said for going there, i reckon