IGNORED

Ae as used in the media

Dragon

thanks for recommending that documentary, i loved it. there was a lot of familiar info, but some amazing images to illustrate it, and some stuff i hadn't heard of like the evolution-based AI toward the end.

and yeah, a fuckload of autechre was in it. scose poise matched those cluster simulations really well.

• 1 month later...
Guest extherium

So I was watching The Secret Life Of Chaos on BBC4 (it's half way through as I type this), and I was astonished to hear VI Scose Poise briefly being used in the background. Isn't it so rare that an obscure band like Autechre would be used on such a high-profile TV channel? But it gets even more awesome. Later on, plyPhon is used for a few seconds. And, immediately after, I shit you not, Perlence Suns can be heard. That's right, the download-only track exclusive to bleep.com is being used on BBC4.

I am absolutely flabbergasted. It's still on, and I'll watch it through to see if there's any more Ae used. There could well be more tracks that I missed though, I wasn't paying much attention. The Secret Life Of Chaos is a great documentary as it is, and can be viewed for free on the BBC's iPlayer service here.

Just watched this.... you can also add Drane2, Altibzz and Leterel to that list. The latter two others have already pointed out, but I'm surprised no one here picked up on Drane2. Not sure about Perlence Suns though, but it's such a lowkey track that it's likely I missed it.

There's also another 2 sound bites that sound awfully familiar, but can't quite find them on a quick search through my Ae collection. It's an interesting doco anyway. Maybe someone else here could pick them out.

Archived