IGNORED

Avatar wins Best Picture and Cameron takes Best Director at the Golden Globes

karmakramer

not fantastic, not bad enough to despise, just very simple and very middle of the road.

Simple? are you serious?

Is anyone here over the age of 18? lol.

why can't you handle people just plain not enjoying this film? are YOU over 18?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not fantastic, not bad enough to despise, just very simple and very middle of the road.

Simple? are you serious?

I can, I guess, but the reasons they give are a bit much. Middle of the road movies don't become #1 or #2 of all time. You are right though, to each his own.

Simple? are you serious?

I can, I guess, but the reasons they give are a bit much. Middle of the road movies don't become #1 or #2 of all time. You are right though, to each his own.

you mean like braveheart?

Simple? are you serious?

just the same way that shit music is never number 1 in the charts?

Simple? are you serious?

just the same way that shit music is never number 1 in the charts?

of all time?

you mean like titanic? the dark knight? no, those are perfect movies, obviously, the most accomplished works of art the medium has ever seen.

didn't mean to say money = art, but when you're talking about the biggest movies EVER .. like, ever made, you know? It's a little different scenario there.

Thriller was a shit album,, making #1 and all. Geeeeeeeeeez.

But then, you could say people were just 'caught in the moment of Jackson' and it wouldn't even sell that well today. So, what are you saying? Something created for entertainment that does better than any other work in the industry ever, has no implications to it? I think it does.

you mean like titanic? the dark knight? no, those are perfect movies, obviously, the most accomplished works of art the medium has ever seen.

don't forget transformers 2.

actually, i read the subsequent post. and even the one with thriller. and i still have no idea what you mean. BIGGEST MOVIE?? that making the most expensive movie of all times somehow grants it quality? or that it's popularity (how much it made) is in any way related to its quality? or what did you mean by "biggest"

but seriously, i think the only thing we don't agree about here is just the definition of "quality". we're probably all aware how this isn't a *quality* movie, but there are many of us that enjoyed it very much.

live in HD...i think my reaction was "hoooly shit!"

the fap heard round the world.

Also Zaphod, you have shite taste in movies, clearly the best movies ever made were the phantom menace and twilight:new moon

actually, i read the subsequent post. and even the one with thriller. and i still have no idea what you mean. BIGGEST MOVIE?? that making the most expensive movie of all times somehow grants it quality? or that it's popularity (how much it made) is in any way related to its quality? or what did you mean by "biggest"

but seriously, i think the only thing we don't agree about here is just the definition of "quality". we're probably all aware how this isn't a *quality* movie, but there are many of us that enjoyed it very much.

For real.. how is it not a quality movie? If you say acting I may have to hunt you down.

I'm saying that attention is deserved to anything that is #1 in whatever field it's in because it's there for a reason - not just because it caught some niche that everyone clung to (which is a definite aspect). To say something of this caliber which pushes the envelope and almost revolutionizes the industry so much is not quality is just weird, imo. That is all.

the real story at the golden globes was christina hendricks:

christina hendricks

LOL - When I saw that name, my heart skipped a beat (I had a girlfriend in high school with the exact same name, except she was a Latina and had a huge rack too) - I'd love to get my hands on those golden globes...

i thought avatar was shit. my friend and i walked out about an hour in. what an unbelievably predictable storyline with nickelodeon level dialogue and acting.

You're fucking retarded for paying for a movie and walking out of it, and not demanding your money back.

I'm saying that attention is deserved to anything that is #1 in whatever field it's in because it's there for a reason - not just because it caught some niche that everyone clung to (which is a definite aspect). To say something of this caliber which pushes the envelope and almost revolutionizes the industry so much is not quality is just weird, imo. That is all.

Would you say attention is deserved by DJs like Tiesto or Paul Van Dyk?

Archived