IGNORED

Fred McGriff

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got dragged along to this for a second time. it is definitely some stinky shit, i don't care how pretty it is. what a patronizing load of shit.

lol, I just realized that the day I check the avatar thread and the last post isn't by karmakramer will be a sad day. Your loyalty sets an example to us all :-)

People just need to get used to the fact that Avatar is a huge critical and financial success and this thread and many more are to come, with the sequels basically confirmed. Avatar is here to stay. Didn't like it... cool. Good for you. I'm seeing it tomorrow at IMAX with some buddies, gonna eat/smoke pot. Hopefully my hangover isn't too bad from tonight :wacko:

I love it as well Karma...

have seen it at the theatre I work at several times now, wonderful sci-fi and fantasy combo and I dig the story...

the general cracks me up with his extreme machismo and line delivery....

"Pandora'll shit you out!"

the home tree being destroyed got to me hard....

The movie has really grown on me. The greatest thing, apart from the fantastic imagery is probably that it is a blockbuster with a decent message for once and that the action scenes weren't endlessly drawn out. An accomplishment.

Giving my support to karmakramer and this epic thread as well :wub:

The movie has really grown on me. The greatest thing, apart from the fantastic imagery is probably that it is a blockbuster with a decent message for once and that the action scenes weren't endlessly drawn out. An accomplishment.

Giving my support to karmakramer and this epic thread as well :wub:

Exactly... this is one of the best blockbusters in a long ass time. When people nag on the story I wonder what they are trying to compare it to? First time I saw it, I was honestly so overwhelmed by the visuals/3D a more complicated intricate story would have flown over my head. Yes this movie is cheese, but its fucking fine cheese. And it also managed to pull me into the story emotionally, something blockbusters RARELY do.

Saw this a couple of nights ago. Groundbreaking achievement visually. The 3D was stunning. I would also like to point out that the battle sequences were shot in a way where you could actually tell wtf was going on. The camera followed people's lines of sight as they shot or attacked, so you could actually see what their attack strategy was; as opposed to a movie like Transformers where it just looked like two heaps of scrap metal fucking.

Some parts were cheesy (the gathering around the soul tree and chanting and whatnot) but otherwise a good epic.

Edit: did any one leave the theater feeling like their eyes were fatigued? I haven't seen too many 3D movies so during the movie my eyes kept trying to focus on things in the foreground that weren't in focus.

what's the message? let's see. the planet is called pandora, i wonder what that's supposed to represent. oh and they're looking for something called unobtanium, gee, wonder what that would mean. the natives are all perfect and capable of seeing through the motives of the men who come and invade their planet. it's a new age vision of the american indian; they're naive and full of good and ultimately very simple people. it's an incredibly patronizing script. and in the end we get a giant battle, because that's the real message. cool shit flys around and shit blows up.

it's the most expensive movie ever made, it cost fifteen bucks to watch, and you're seriously trying to tell me that i should walk out and think, "that was a message film. i want to save the planet now. what can i do to help?" how insincere. the only reason anyone likes this shit is because it looks good. just admit that everything about it is unoriginal. skytree wrote this movie. after a long sexless night spent furrowing his brow at a coke bottle in a pile of leaves, running his long womanly fingers through his girlfriend's 1/4 cherokee dreadlocks and composing mild, derivative ambient music he wrote this movie on a napkin in his breakfast nook before sucking a big black cock.

fuck avatar

what's the message? let's see. the planet is called pandora, i wonder what that's supposed to represent. oh and they're looking for something called unobtanium, gee, wonder what that would mean. the natives are all perfect and capable of seeing through the motives of the men who come and invade their planet. it's a new age vision of the american indian; they're naive and full of good and ultimately very simple people. it's an incredibly patronizing script. and in the end we get a giant battle, because that's the real message. cool shit flys around and shit blows up.

it's the most expensive movie ever made, it cost fifteen bucks to watch, and you're seriously trying to tell me that i should walk out and think, "that was a message film. i want to save the planet now. what can i do to help?" how insincere. the only reason anyone likes this shit is because it looks good. just admit that everything about it is unoriginal. skytree wrote this movie. after a long sexless night spent furrowing his brow at a coke bottle in a pile of leaves, running his long womanly fingers through his girlfriend's 1/4 cherokee dreadlocks and composing mild, derivative ambient music he wrote this movie on a napkin in his breakfast nook before sucking a big black cock.

fuck avatar

This is such a mis-conception... Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and Harry Potter Half Blood Prince all were more expensive to make.

Archived