IGNORED

Christina Aguilera - Bionic (2010)

Brandi_B

Just wanted to go ahead and get in before the storm of mainstream electronic-ness irks everyone. I'm already a fan of her's so I am biased, but I see it being a "guilty pleasure" of many watmmers. And also being quite bashed in an extreme measure due to her dipping into some watmmers music pools.

:sorcerer:

Also, she can be hit and miss. Over sing, be bland, try too hard(hip hop jazz infused back to basics), etc etc. She is by no means perfect, nor is any pop star. I don't see her next album as being anything groundbreaking musically. However, I believe there will be some trends that come out of it that will of course get watered down and watered down again and again like everything that gets popular does, only to become the retro, retro, on down the line.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linda Perry, Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Sia, M.I.A., Le Tigre, Santigold, Switch, Focus, Diplo, Dan Carey, Oscar Ramirez, John Hill, Sam Endicott, Claude Kelly, Tricky Stewart, Steve Morales

No samples yet.

She actually does pretty much run her albums. That's why she's always worked with people like Linda Perry b/c it gives her a lot of free reign. I think back to basics was her having a bit too much freedom. I'm sure her label wasn't thrilled with her wanting to release a 2 disc album that references jazz icons all over the place instead of actually making jazzy music. Fell a bit short.

hmm theres some interesting names in there

if she runs her albums then why does she need other people?

also, is this her attempt to be lady gaga?

also, why do i care?

Guest analogue wings

With pop music, I look at the producer credit before I look at the "artist" credit. There's good music in the charts, but most of the singers are pretty interchangeable.

I think Linda Perry wrote Get This Party Started for Pink, but I don't know if that quite redeems her for 4 Non Blondes

Guest Masonic Boom

Yeah. You're absolutely right. And I don't give a shit what the new Aphex album sounds like so long as he shakes his ginger ass in the video he can program any shite he wants.

Yeah. You're absolutely right. And I don't give a shit what the new Aphex album sounds like so long as he shakes his ginger ass in the video he can program any shite he wants.

I'll watch a hairy ginger ass as long as chris cunningham has owt to do with it.

Guest Lube Saibot

:facepalm:

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Hahaha! Don't worry , my son . It doesn't sound like your typical mainstream auto tuning ( it's very .dubstep...I guess . )

Guest Masonic Boom

so long as he shakes his ginger ass in the video

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTrgxbN40AU

example given from 3:20 onward

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most BRILLIANT thing I have seen in ages.

It's a good thing my boss isn't in because I sitting here at work crying tears of LOL. Perfect.

iamamiwhoami ( first unknown artist of the new decade...yay . )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7kguPpzR3U

Yeah , a lot of people think thats Christina Aguilera ( I don't think it's her ) Well...whoever it is...they make pretty good shit .

Thoughts???????

pretty obvious it's reznor.

yeah there's a synth sound in one of those that sounds exactly like the one in every day is exactly the same. but i have no clue. sorta intrigued, but blah, mysteries aren't fun until I have hindsight.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Yeah, I can hear Trent in there the most ( all though...the chick in the vid does look like Christina )

...I don't know .

is this the thread where I get to hate on xtina and wailing in general? because I just did.

Archived