IGNORED

Christina Aguilera - Bionic (2010)

Brandi_B

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

why is goldfrapp helping produce this D:

Because it actually sounds a hell of a lot better than the new Goldfrapp single?

I spent a while watching those vids last night. It's gotta be her. I know Goldfrapp well and it sounds like Goldfrapp, but in a bit of a different style, so perhaps Goldfrapp collaborating with other people she's been working with (tricky?). The vid is very similar to her live concert screen vids from her stripped tour.

A lot of people don't realize that Christina grew up listening to Jazz, Blues, soul, and a lot of rock music. She's always had a pretty wide palate of styles on her albums, but the general public only hears the "hits" or radio songs. Also, she's quite an accomplished vocal musician. She knows how to SING, and actually sing by pitch and knows what note she's singing, and can in fact sing whatever note is asked on command. If there's anyone that DOESN'T need auto-tune, it would be her.

She's also been getting into acting more (she's starring in the upcoming film Burlesque w/ Cher [the gays are excited]).

Not that any of this makes a difference to most people, b/c pop is "pop" and sadly that is grouped in with anything that is watered down.

I am looking forward to this even more now. I had not seen the vids when I made this thread, I've just been reading about and anticipating the album for a while. I'm pretty sure there was a good portion ready sometime last year, and she took a step back and changed direction a bit b/c of GaGa. I'm guessing there will be a lot less hip hop and r & b influences and sounds since GaGa's album, and Britney's Circus were both a mixture of hip hop and electro/synthpop.

Here's her vid from the stripped tour.

Edit: Boob around :54

Because it actually sounds a hell of a lot better than the new Goldfrapp single?

Yeah that's another thing. I've always really liked the sounds in Goldfrapp, but not so much Alison Goldfrapp's voice, or singing style. So I am really looking forward to the sounds with a different (much better and more versatile) voice. :cisfor:

i'm just gonna mosey out of this here discussion right now.

i stopped it as soon as i heard auto-tune in LITERALLY THE 1ST FUCKING SECOND

if you can't tell the difference between auto-tune and a vocoder you should GTFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOiYdVjU7HI

wow really?

you're really cool. I am in awe of your knowledge.

*emotes*

blicero you are a know it all cunt. I said i listened for 1 second. that was not an exaggeration. The warble in that 1st second sounds like autotune.

Guest Masonic Boom

ARgh, it's confusing having two threads about this. Right, that vid ^^^^ doesn't look or sound like the other iamwhoiam vids doing the rounds, but hey, could be the "official" marketing as opposed to the viral marketing.

I mean, it's been speculation upon speculation (The Knife? Goldfrapp?) which were all proved wrong by the actual campaigns for those albums coming out and being very different in marketing and presentation.

Whoever it is, they're having a lot of money thrown at this campaign by the quality of the videos - which says Sony rather than Mute to me. But, the other chance is, it could be a new artist being launched. The pop market is rather saturated with blonde women doing electrosynth pop at the moment so it would be a good way of getting attention, to create a bit of mystery.

I'm willing to keep an open mind.

(I just want it to be Christina because I want a lot of narrow pop-haters' minds to be blown, ha ha)

Guest Masonic Boom

i'm just gonna mosey out of this here discussion right now.

Hey, Hoodie! Don't mosey out! Come back!

I'm a massive Goldfrapp stan. I rate Black Cherry as one of the top 10 albums of last decade. I rate the folk album that everyone hated. (Though that took me a while - I wasn't impressed the first time I heard it, then after hearing the Beyond The Wizards Sleeve remix, went back and revisited it and realised it was a lot more subtly beautiful than I'd given it credit for.)

However, I don't like Rocket. It just sounds to me like a cheap 80s power ballad, it has those stabbing Yamaha DX7 sounds that I associate with Journey and bad 80s hair metal. But I'm still gonna buy the album because their best and most interesting material tends to be their album tracks, anyway. I'm just slightly worried that Alison & Will have overspread themselves if they gave their best track to mystery artist/Christina instead of keeping it for their own album.

btw, am i still visiting watmm?

This isn't like i'm stuck in some alternate dimension episode of my life; where i have to find and fuck some alien chick so that she then feels sympathy for me rather than betraying me to her overlord father, thereby allowing me to get to the control panel which sends me back home. Callously but necessarily leaving my new soulmate behind. Is it?

:facepalm:

• 2 months later...
Guest Greg Reason

Not the Same Girl video is out. Boring.

It's a real shame but Christina seems to have ditched any attempt at being herself and gone for whatever's selling. This sounds predominantly like a combination of Lady Gaga and Flo Rida. Isn't that a tantalizing prospect. :facepalm:

Plus the video is awful. Not that her other ones were works of art but she's done a lot better than this.

Guest blicero

i stopped it as soon as i heard auto-tune in LITERALLY THE 1ST FUCKING SECOND

if you can't tell the difference between auto-tune and a vocoder you should GTFO.

wow really?

you're really cool. I am in awe of your knowledge.

*emotes*

blicero you are a know it all cunt. I said i listened for 1 second. that was not an exaggeration. The warble in that 1st second sounds like autotune.

1) yes, I am.

2) i'm sorry, I thought this was an electronic music forum.

2) passing judgment based on 1 second of audio is pretty close-minded.

4) i love you.

Archived