IGNORED

favourite analord tracks

Guest Max

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flutternozzle is absolutely amazing. Actually currently I'm obsessed with all of the "previously unreleased" analord tracks. bodmin 1 is nice. bodmin 2 is even better. and then bodmin 3 comes in and shits all over them(no not really but its good too i like bodmin 2 better).

Liptons B acid is awesome(perhaps tied with flutternozzle), it reminds me of some kind of thing he would do caustic window era, almost has drexcia quality to it. And a drum n bass beat. Best part of it is the creepy s&h synth blips, and the feedback that drifts in and out.

Analord 11 as a whole is probably my favorite though.

I don't even know actually, I love all of them.

Pitcard, Where's Your Girlfriend, Lisbon Acid, and Phonatacid are always nice.

In The Maze Park is like Aphex's Roygbiv, and I like it a great deal.

the unrelealsed ones are such teasers

you can tell by the intros and endings they arent make it to the final cut

not like that one congrassman

I am currently only listening to the new bonus analords

I can not just add them in queue with the old ones

but the old ones are also still great but separated from the new ones as I have to really get into them as much as I have with the old ones

Not a huge Analord fan, but I do like XMD 5a and Fenix Funk 5.

Edit: Or I suppose I could just say Analord 10.

Same here. I really, really love Analord 10. I think it's an incredible release.

But I just can't get into most of the other Analords, and I've listened to them a lot. No matter how hard I try, however - with the exception of a few groovy or melancholic moments here and there - I just find them rather uninspiring and flat to listen to. Perhaps I'm just not made for primitive, repetitive acid. The lush analog synth sounds aside, the drums throughout also seem to do my head in (I know they're old well known drum machine sounds on purpose, but something about the way they've been mixed or EQed sounds irritating to my ears.)

Guest Calx Sherbet

well i wasn't sure what to call it, and i didn't necessarily agree with the word usage, but i got what he meant. at least for some analord tracks, not all

Guest Masonic Boom

"primitive acid" is just such a great term for this, though.

And I don't mean in a disrespectful way - more like the kind of Primitivist movement at the beginning of the 20th Century. In a very abstract, abstracted, back-to-basics way, trying to strip the music down to its essentials. Reading the definition of primitivism as a movement, I was particular struck by this one:

4. Focus on rhythmic and percussive elements, presence of repetition and pattern, especially in music and ritual performance.

And lots of stuff about abstraction and dreamlike states and the subconscious, which I think describes the Analord stuff really perfectly. Primitivist Acid.

Archived