IGNORED

Americans: Pretend you're British

Alzado

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

good day, i'm from Britain. everything is daisy.

i am well spoken and i am polite to everyone i meet. my life is as calming as my tea and as gray as the sky.

to me, America may as well be a post-apocalyptic wasteland where every man, woman and child speak only the language of survival, plunder and rape; not unlike the torturous terrain portrayed in the Mad Max films. simply awful.

Well howdy partners, how're ya'll doin'? How's that hopey changey stuff workin' out for ya?

this had me laughin' pretty good.

also, i sort of talk like this.

Whenever I hear an American attempt a British accent, or use British slang...even reading it in this thread, where it is intentional and meant to be lol-worthy, it makes me want to vomit. Maybe it is all of those years of using the British, or pan-Atlantic accent on TV, where it is meant to give a guy an air of gayness. I don't know. It just infuriates me. I don't have anything against gayness, mind you.. but just hearing an American try to be round off their accents just makes me want to uppercut forever. I think I am too used to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXRaboSo70A

Edit*

Just had an epiphany. Maybe I was scarred by early Ministry, and Al Jourgensen trying to sound British.

But, on the other hand, when I hear a Brit trying to sound American, I am intrigued and want to hear more. Chelmsford Film Society being a prime example (specifically, see the Diehard remakes).

I don't know. I don't feel any particular sense of shame, aside from the Western New York accent. I just don't find fake British accents and the use of the slang to be funny.

To clarify the herb thing, with the H. Oddly enough, if you call someone a "herb", you pronounce the H. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Guest Calx Sherbet

It remains in frequent use all around me though I try to choose more obtuse exclamations like "Fuck a duck!" or "Christ in a Dumptruck!" just to

i've made up so many exclamations involving jesus christ right off the cuff.

Thanks for hating America Robert Moses.....

Ministry didn't ruin anything for you....

Tolkien did....

and living in Niagra Falls...

Guest abusivegeorge

I knooowwww riiiight

ugh ya'll so cheap over there (the fucking irony in an American sayin this)

Ya well next semester I am totally riding in my new bmw, daddies gettin it for me coz I let him pound my 14 year old tight pussy.

Thanks for hating America Robert Moses.....

Ministry didn't ruin anything for you....

Tolkien did....

and living in Niagra Falls...

On the contrary, I quite like AMurrrica, as far as a landscape/place to live goes. And as much as the city I live in is a festering wound, the Niagara Gorge and River are beautiful.

I just don't like fake British accents.

I have been to Ithaca and around the area, very beautiful indeed....

Just going on what I have heard from yourself about NF....

Was very pleased to find that the northeast has rednecks as well.....

and unless used in a humourous context, any fake sounding accent is annoying to me.....

but me knickers is still on fire.....

Archived