• David Lynch's hair
  15. 15. who wins?

• factories at night
    • Norway Spiral
  16. 16. who wins?

• crying while taking a shower
    • airport terminals

girls with robots could be pretty abrasive and squelchy :emotawesomepm9:

I just now realized mandelbulbs didn't make it past the last stage, wtf?????

????

they're the best new art form I've seen in ages, and tres idm

:facepalm:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adjective

girls and robots in the same photograph is only half-IDM as it is worded now. (needs to reference the lonely nerd jacking to it)

it's still beating "ice water with ice" though, which has never been anywhere close to being worth reading, typing, or thinking about.

i hope neither make it beyond the next round.

I've seen beards mentioned a lot, but nobody seems to bring up Deep Sea Creatures, the best tribute album.

Also, I'm sick of people clearly voting towards what would make the easiest ambient album. For fucks sake.

????

goodnight, sweet prince :cry:

post-106-126943523442_thumb.jpg

seriously, a mandelbulb album almost makes itself...the cover art is right there for you to grab, and the images are awe-inspiring, beautiful, and menacing enough to inspire many a track. I want to hear a mandelbulb-inspired album and I don't even make music...

????

goodnight, sweet prince :cry:

awesome pic

Guest maoam

It's IDM for everyone to be dissatisfied with the results of the most IDM thing. Also, airport terminals might be IDM to you if you've never actually been to one. CWTAS all the way.

so the majority of arguments seem to be based on what would or wouldn't make a good tribute album. while i dont condemn this approach i think it's important to point out that the spirit of the first tournament was to simply vote on what you thought was the most IDM thing. if you think dogshit genuinely embraces the essence of idm then you should have no problems voting for dogshit even if you think it would be a crappy tribute album. the tribute album should be secondary, or else the integrity of the word "tribute" is compromised.

It's IDM for everyone to be dissatisfied with the results of the most IDM thing. Also, airport terminals might be IDM to you if you've never actually been to one. CWTAS all the way.

word. if airport terminals are IDM then so is working in a cubicle.

so the majority of arguments seem to be based on what would or wouldn't make a good tribute album. while i dont condemn this approach i think it's important to point out that the spirit of the first tournament was to simply vote on what you thought was the most IDM thing. if you think dogshit genuinely embraces the essence of idm then you should have no problems voting for dogshit even if you think it would be a crappy tribute album. the tribute album should be secondary, or else the integrity of the word "tribute" is compromised.

I couldn't agree more.

word. if airport terminals are IDM then so is working in a cubicle.

Airport terminals are ambient/IDM crossover. I like them.

in the US airport terminals are sterile B2B petri dishes full of suits, fast food, waiting in lines, expensive shopping, and crying babies. airport terminals are expansive reverby pop rock (coldplay).

what about eastern european airport terminals? can we have that as a contender next year?

Getting anxious and having a panic attack in an airport terminal because you're afraid of missing your flight is idm. Not traveling because you have a phobia of airport terminals is idm. But airport terminals themselves are not idm.

Girls and robots are great. I mean check this out.

30-most-beautiful-cg-girls-main.jpg

683-c.jpg

robot-woman.jpg

womanrobotCOR_450x350.jpg

Not only that, but they'd make a great tribute album. I'm imagining a tribute album of tracks that mix emotional melodies with mechanical beats, which is a formula for a lot of my favourite electronic tracks. I'm thinking Vordhosbn, Mt Saint Michel+Saint Michael's Mount, and everything on Chiastic Slide. Probably the most extreme example is the Seige of Antioch on Billious Paths. Listen to those to hear what a tribute to girls and robots would sound like.

Guest Lube Saibot

I like girls with robots a lot but i think it's a little bit obvious.

Personally immortal jellyfish wrestled the biggest reaction from me.

And Attenborough has destiny on his side, not uilililiialialailaial, and i see he's already been voted out.

Also, asperger's syndrome is redundant with uilililililia also on the ballot.

Guest margaret thatcher

Frankly, guys having sex with robots is way more IDM.

i'm pretty sure i told some people on this board at some point, but i was planning an album about a love triangle between a man and a woman and the man's gay robot friend. ultimately the man is crushed by the robot's good intentions, because the bot knows he can't reciprocate on an emotional level, and the woman gets fucked over. tuff and gay simultaneously, like going to fire island in 1976 armed with a drum machine, sampler, amyl nitrate and with what i know now. obsolete interface, permanent incompatibility. probably the greatest and most retarded idea i ever had.

Archived