IGNORED

Sparkle Motion - One Voice In The Cosmic Fugue

six

Been wanting to do this one for a loooong time. With the release of Oversteps, Fluorescent Grey's latest mix, and our countless discussions on WATMM about 70s film soundtracks, my interest in proggy synth stuff is at an all time high. Much of this comes from the 70s and early 80s, when a hell of a lot of experimention was being done with synths. Some of this sounds like it could have been released this year. This is my dedication to that music and the vast cosmos unknown. Enjoy!

Download

Stream on SoundCloud

image-DA3C_4BAA88DA.jpg

One Voice In The Cosmic Fugue

Illum Sphere - Long Live The Plan

Vangelis - Blade Runner Main Titles

Jerry Goldsmith - Flameout

Ataraxia - I Ching

Roedelius - Persistence Of Memory Excerpt

Wendy Carlos - Tower Music

John Carpenter - Halloween III Main Title

Eno Moebius Roedelius - Oil

Jerry Goldsmith - Love Shop

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon (Part II)

Vangelis - Blush Response

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part VI)

Curtis Roads - Half-Life

Tonto's Expanding Head Band - Cameltrain

Bernard Parmegiani - Ondes Croisees

Dopplereffekt - Compactification

Bernard Parmegiani - Matieres Induites

Wendy Carlos - Sea Of Simulation

Jose Pandovani - SuperCollider

Autechre - See On See

John Carpenter - The Thing End Title

Robert Henke - Layer 005

Harmonia - Sometimes In Autumn

Wendy Carlos - March From A Clockwork Orange

nice one, looking forward to listening. Is the halloween III theme different from the one in 1 or 2?

Yeah, it's not the normal Halloween theme. Kind of a weird one for Carpenter's standards.

Guest HWNDarkside

You are a fucking genius mate - this is inspired!

I nearly peed my pants when I heard Tower Music from the Tron soundtrack

Completely brilliant mix - thank you

Now to dig out my soundtracks - why I never thought to mix them before I'll never know...

Guest HWNDarkside

And Logan's Run, and The Thing!

Question though - where did you get the John Carpenter soundtrack from? I've only got the Morricone version.

Thanks man, glad you like it! Yeah a lot of soundtrack music on this one, has a bit of a 70s dystopia movie feel to it. The John Carpenter track plays during the end credits of the movie but I believe you're right that it didn't make it onto the Ennio Morricone OST, which is probably my favorite soundtrack of all time. I think I got it off some compilation of John Carpenter's best work.

Thanks guys! The whole segment from 19 - 26 mins is Tangerine Dream - Rubycon II, which was way ahead of its time for 1975 and is a whopping 17 minute epic in total. Def check out Rubycon, it's an awesome album.

Archived