IGNORED

"What is the Most IDM Thing" Bracketology 2010

Fred McGriff

Pick the champion!  

148 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• immortal jellyfish
    • Large Hadron Collider

LHC is investigating the building blocks of reality by smashing particles into eachother at almost the speed of light to recreate the moment after the big bang from which all your precious IDM evenutally came from, also including immortal jellyfish. how awesome and IDM the jellyfish are, they are not IDM enough when compared to the LHC. and it needs to win for once so it can retire from the most IDM circuit and let the youngsters take over.

Tell me one thing the LHC has done except waste billions of dollars, I'll wait.

this is an experiment that will take several years to complete. it just got started. jesus, this stupid internet generation wants everything immediately.i am sure the huge computer arrays and networking technologies used in an experiment of this magnitude will find it's way to common use. if i am not mistaken aren't a part of the internet infrastructure a result of some similar experiment that needed a big ass computer network.

There is nothing the LHC could possibly discover that is of value. Maybe we discover some particles that are 1 quadrillionth of a meter in size, but who cares.

As for the space program: http://www.spacecoalition.com/products.cfm

i think all of those things probably could have been invented even if we didn't have the space program. i mean, what does the hubble telescope do that can lead us to discoveries of "value"? how about the voyager probe? it was made so that it would float away to the furthest parts of our solar system, so i don't think we're gonna get much return from our investment in that.

however, they both have lead to increased understanding of the universe around us.

it sounds like you don't value scientific exploration and i think that's pretty sad. i'd rather have money spent to reveal the secrets of the universe than to construct nukes or some other pointless exercise in human dick-waving.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL the internet as we know it is a direct result of the LHC project - Tim Berners Lee - look him up.

As to discoveries of value from the LHC, well when you understand the building blocks of your physical world, you are able to build with more efficiency and better understanding of the application of new creations.

Guest placidburp

I voted LHC, then changed my vote to Immortal Jellyfish when it dawned on me that its Jellyfish that are Immortal!! Fuck the hardon collider!

Guest margaret thatcher

can i just clarify - are the jellyfish actually immortal? if i put one in a blender, would it somehow survive? or does it simply not die from old age?

Guest placidburp

I found this pic whilst searching for 'Immortal Jellyfish' pictures

hotdog.jpg

I'm not sure this helps the cause..

Guest Babar

maybe this question has already been asked and answered, but why are we voting so early ? Aren't we used to deciding what is the most idm thing at the end of the year ?`

i voted for immortal jellyfish.

picture-95.png

best i can do 4 now. *gives up*

Woah! I want that shirt!

There is a very attractive woman in that picture and the first thing you notice is the jellyfishes on her top.

There are fewer prints of that shirt than girls that are attractive. Just saying.

I am not very impress by the LHC (and the LHC rap fad is dead)

So i am voting for the jellyfish again .

The philosophy involved with immortality is much much IDM than LHC a.k.a big metallic anus

big metallic anus

When this is over, there should be a poll for who watmm thinks is most likely to have that be their track name if LHC wins, and if there is an album.

fake edit: and if metallica will try to sue them.

Guest Babar

The philosophy involved with immortality is much much IDM than LHC a.k.a big metallic anus

seriously man, what is happening to you ? I've been watching you all the day long and i've noticed you kept whining throughout the day. self-:facepalm:

seriously man, what is happening to you ? I've been watching you all the day long and i've noticed you kept whining throughout the day. self-:facepalm:

what is up with you ?? you've been watching me all day .. kind of creepy

Archived