IGNORED

America Fuck Yeah!

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get all kinds of tasty ethnic food in most decent, multicultural US cities.

Doner Kebab meat is basically the same idea as al pastor tacos (also Greek gyros), although al pastor is typically pork rather than lamb. I don't even eat/like pork very much, but al pastor is wonderful.

LA, whatever its failings, is a great place for food. You want Ethiopian food for some reason? There's a little fucking Ethiopia for that.

theres a ton of ethiopian places in DC...

ill never forget before moving there, we were looking for a place to eat, accidentally walked into a ethiopian bar, and froze.

its three white people in the middle of a HUGE ethiopian music night, and everyone is staring at us....but we sit down ,get a heineken, and order the most delicious lamb ive ever had....and they end up dancing with us.

im assuming white people conquered ethiopia because they were actually nice to white people.

sounds really cheesy, but that moment actually affected my view of other cultures.....I always thought i was open-minded, but at that moment we stood in the doorway I felt prejudices creeping up on me....never again.

Berkley, CA has a big Ethiopian population and a bunch of Ethiopian restaurants too. Sooooo good - at least the place I went was.

But Heineken? I remember getting some kind of Ethiopian beer that was great.

if i remember correctly they didnt have anything that wasnt domestic....odd i guess..

I would seriously stay away from Red Lobster. Every time I've eaten there, I've gotten the runs.

To me, there is nothing sketchier than D-grade seafood.

I usually make it a point to avoid Taco Bell, too. I can't trust a place that uses ice-cream scoopers for it's meat.

Wendy's and IHOP rock my face, however.

haha actually i have an interesting story regarding this...

some friends and i rolled through a taco bell drive thru and put in an order for our regular array of disgustingly delicious taco treats when we were met with some unfortunate circumstances, "we're sorry, we can't serve anything with ground beef at the moment," the voice rattled out of the drive-thru menu -- our hearts sank --, "our meat hose is clogged." we all sighed, disappointed that we wouldn't be able to enjoy what essentially amounts to highly processed poop -- and then it hit us. "meat hose"? WHAT THE FUCK. so, there you have it, taco bell uses a meat hoses, not ice cream scoopers.

edit

----

also ethiopian food is pretty awesome. i like the idea of using bread as your utensil.. it makes things tastier.

double edit

-----------

i'm from d.c. also and yeah we've got a pretty awesome assortment of international cuisines

so what is ethiopian food like? 40 or 50 people in the restaurant, then a remote control helicopter flies over head and drops off a few canned goods, and whoever eats wins?

lol its almost all delicious lamb or veggie dishes.

lamb is one of my fave meats, so im down with ethiopia

it makes sense seeing as it is so close in proximity to egypt/hellenic world....if i remember correctly they were all about lamb too.

don't EVER eat at taco bell. the whole motto was "run for the border" when instead it should be "run for the bathroom" because you WILL shit your pants. grade Z meat for the lose.

There's an outback steakhouse in Enfield, I go there once a month, then I hop over the road for some Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Fucking lovely!

Apologies if this has been said I already I only read the original post :-)

don't EVER eat at taco bell. the whole motto was "run for the border" when instead it should be "run for the bathroom" because you WILL shit your pants. grade Z meat for the lose.

I rarely eat there, but when I do I never eat anything with meat. I still feel sick the next day though.

Guest abusivegeorge

i got back from florida today. my first visit to the states. i was massively impressed with the food.

a week in florida and im probably 10-15lb heavier. finally got to try the blooming onion and it was every bit as amazing as i knew it would be.

taco bell

outback steak house

wendys

red lobster

ihop

why dont we have these in london?????????????????

There's an outback steakhouse in Enfield, I go there once a month, then I hop over the road for some Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Fucking lovely!

Fucking lovely!

Whoever said they prefer Denny's over IHOP is insane. I've been to several Denny's in Florida and they simply can't compare to the IHOP's down there. I've seen New York size rats crawling around the windows. And, it always smells like dog shit in them. Though none of this matters because real men get their breakfast at the mother fuckin' Waffle House.

If you go back to Florida, check out Steak 'n' Shake.

I've never been sick from Taco Bell, by the way. You guys are just pussies, Fred excluded.

outback is a masterclass in making fatty foods. that bloomin onion is about 2000 calories. most of their meals are insanely full of fat. over the top. they used to have some key lime pie on there that the govment made them remove beacuse one slice was over 2000 calories.

how anyone can say wendy's sucks is beyond me. i also love me some t-bell from time to time but those times are separated by months at a time.

Archived