IGNORED

Call for Submissions: Tribute to the Large Hadron Collider

hello and good day to you, fellow music makers. as you may already know, the Large Hadron Collider has been crowned the Most IDM Thing in 2010 according to the 4th annual bracketology held in general banter. It is customary to create a tribute of some sort to the champion. you might recall the recent Antarctica tribute album organized by Brandi B, and, in previous years, the black holes and deep sea creatures tributes on futonic records. I would like to continue this tradition by hosting a tribute to the Large Hadron Collider as a net release on Futonic Records.

to participate, please create a track inspired by the Large Hadron Collider, pictured here:

large-hadron-collider.jpg

submit the track via PM to me, or to freshmouse at gmail dot com. the submission deadline will be May 31st, 2010. That's about it. The best tracks will be on the comp. most of you probably already know the drill. we're going to try to keep this simple and smooth now that we all have plenty of experience doing it. Any questions?

Thanks

Fred

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

Nice, I'll try to submit a track way better than last year (which was a shame imo). My production skills have improved and I feel confident for this year's tribute.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

i already have that song Theme from Space Disease Using a Particle Accelerator to Create Microscopic Black Holes That Intersect Other Universes

but ill make a new one. awesome.

Guest theSun

Nice, I'll try to submit a track way better than last year (which was a shame imo). My production skills have improved and I feel confident for this year's tribute.

i feel exactly the same

Guest hahathhat

Hopefully Gerald Donald will participate.

already has. drexciya -- the quest -- positron island, intensified magnetron...

i feel exactly the same

But your antarctica track is the bomb! I really enjoy it.

I got a question.

I'm assuming you'll only pick one track per composer, but what about collaborative efforts? What if I submit a track I made myself, but also a track I made in collaboration with someone?

Hopefully Gerald Donald will participate.

already has. drexciya -- the quest -- positron island, intensified magnetron...

I meant a new track :emotawesomepm9:

Can tracks also be send to your soundcloud account?

sure i reckon that will work? as long as the track isn't public. dont want to spoil the fun.

I got a question.

I'm assuming you'll only pick one track per composer, but what about collaborative efforts? What if I submit a track I made myself, but also a track I made in collaboration with someone?

sure go for it

*wonders if our good friend beak will be making an appearance*

hmmmmmm.....

Guest hahathhat

i have to admit, it's easier to do a LHC track than it would be to do a cthulhu mandlebulb track. we'll see if i have the attention span to do this

Guest margaret thatcher

i'll have a crack at it. no guitars for me on this one - lhc doesn't seem to be able to coexist with guitars...

how many ambient tracks will be the cutoff? not that I'm considering doing an ambient track for this, just wondering.

I think they usually pick the tracks based on how well they make a cohesive album with the other tracks. So technically if there were a lot of ambient tracks submitted that worked well together, it wouldn't be a problem.

But, given the topic, I would be very surprised if this turned into an ambient album.

Archived