IGNORED

who are the leading lights

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

just curious as to who you think are the big names in IDM right now. and by right now I mean who are still active and feel like they've come into their prime over the past 5 or so years.

i say Clark.

Guest tht tne

wisp has matured a lot, though that's not to take anything away from his earlier releases... arovane imo would be the fucking daddy right now if he was still releasing

Guest Coalbucket PI

the genre never really made sense of course but it doesn't seem like the interesting stuff happens within whatever IDM was. New electronicky stuff that sounds fresh and innovative... Flying Lotus and all the wonky hip hop scene is its own thing... I don't know if Kettel is IDM? Maybe, he's pretty hot shit in my book. Kelpe, not really IDM but I don't know what. Modeselektor, Apparat, Four Tet, Burial, Bibio I suppose there are plenty of people I'm checking for in electronic music but I don't know where this falls into the IDM bucket

Aleksi Perala

Ceephax

eod

Chris Moss Acid

Alvo Noto

and

the flahbulb

having said that though Aphex will probably release something this year that destroys the universe.

Guest Backson

IDM is dead though.

"IDM" is silly. I just use the word to save time. I really just mean any experimental electronic stuff.

Archived