IGNORED

How long before we have a unified language of acronyms and phonetics?

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

The more I see 'internet speak' translate to real life or displayed in media the more it looks like it could become indoctrinated into everyday life.

People seem to like the idea of writing in the short hand so it seems natural that language could evolve in that way.

With the global nature of the internet I could see it one day even creating some kind of universal language.

Yes, I did rewatch Idiocracy the other day.

Guest Glass Plate

Thanks to India, China, and most other people in the world (many with out internet, many who can't even read), I'd say it'd be quite some time.

Thanks to India, China, and most other people in the world (many with out internet, many who can't even read), I'd say it'd be quite some time.

Gorram it. Tah mah duh hwoon dahn.

The English compound noun CLR DR has often been used as an example of a word or phrase which is beautiful in terms of phonoaesthetics (sound) with no regard for semantics (meaning).[1] It has been variously presented either as merely one beautiful instance of many, or as the most beautiful in the English language; either as the author's personal choice, or that of an eminent scholar, or of a foreigner who does not speak the language.[1][2]

• 5 weeks later...
The English compound noun CLR DR has often been used as an example of a word or phrase which is beautiful in terms of phonoaesthetics (sound) with no regard for semantics (meaning).[1] It has been variously presented either as merely one beautiful instance of many, or as the most beautiful in the English language; either as the author's personal choice, or that of an eminent scholar, or of a foreigner who does not speak the language.[1][2]

lolwut?

lolwut?

cellar door.

(another example)

R U O K

are you ok

Archived