IGNORED

Nautilis/Malcom Kipe

azatoth

Just listening to 'are you an axolotl' and started wondering what happened to this dude. Did he quit music or what? I thought he would go on to great things as a producer with the Malcom Kipe stuff. Any Texans know what up. Atop?

He is playing guitar and singing in the band 'Shapes Have Fangs' here in Austin....

really good garage rock...

Skyler lost his computer a while back and went to playing live music....

I have heard some more recent Nautilis stuff though within the last year and it sounds damn fine like the rest of his music but he wants to focus on his band for now....

so he has a comp now but....

not sure if he will release any more Nautilis/Malcom Kipe material....

I think he should and I am sure many other folks besides us feel this way, I will ask him....

He is playing guitar and singing in the band 'Shapes Have Fangs' here in Austin....

not sure if he will release any more Nautilis/Malcom Kipe material....

I think he should and I am sure many other folks besides us feel this way, I will ask him....

Yeah, I really like Nautilis, I'm suprised he hasn't focused on that with all this instrumental hip-hop/wonky/adult swim bumper/("post-dilla" :trashbear:) stuff being so popular.

No idea he was in an Austin band either, I just knew he was from TX.

So whats the deal here, Mike P doesn't like to release his stuff anymore? 'are you an axolot' was great fun, but probably didn't sell enough? Shame he picked up the guitar, tell him there are some great string emulating vsti's out now ;) .

Nautilis told me Mike P was disappointed when he found out there wouldn't be any more electronic music forthcoming.. I bet if Skyler ever put together an EP/album it would probably get released.

axolotl was the first vinyl i ever ordered on warpmart for my technics. i loved it. there are some really amazing tracks on there. i would say that it's underrated but i've never gotten that sense, a lot of people appreciate axolotl on here. also, the nautilis forum was the first idm messageboard i ever signed up on.

I like Malcom Kipe's Breakspiracy Theories a lot, and Lit to a slightly lesser degree. I have Nautilis' Sketches but have probably only played it once or twice. I remember liking it. Think I've heard Are You an Axolotl? too, can't remember.

Regardless, dude's got talent...would love to hear newer electronic or rock from him, whatever he does.

I think there might be some more Nautilis released in the future....

maybe FUTONIC RECORDS should get involved!

there is a dude named Skyler in my facebook friends.....

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

this news isnt that odd when you consider how varied axolotl was in genre terms. it really is a masterpiece. the malcolm kipe stuff never blew me away in the same way.

the artist must follow his path. repeating himself isn't in his path i guess.

Archived