IGNORED

How To Destroy Angels

oscillik

That was a really cool thing with the Saul Williams album as well and that still stands up nicely.

Except Trent influenced Saul's singing style and Saul influenced Trent's singing style...so there were many facepalm moments.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Z_B_Z

im really not too sure about this full length track. ill echo the sentiments thats its a little boring. i mean, we've all heard this kind of thing before. reznor needs to live up to his coil reference!

Not bad. And seeing as she's well fit I will add a couple of points. Hopefully the video will have her sulking, semi-naked in a dungeon. Then I will add a few more points.

And who the fuck is Coil? I suppose all of their 58 fans (world-wide) are about to tell me! LoL.

Edited by beerwolf

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Fuck internet people are picky!! Just stfu and enjoy music again!

In my opinion that's the wrong attitude to have especially for a musician(or even more if you want to be an "artist"). Music is a sacred introspective art form that deserves intense criticism and detailed understanding. I can't look at music as merely entertainment like I can with blockbuster movies etc.

Edited by Blanket Fort Collapse

Guest Greg Reason

Fuck internet people are picky!! Just stfu and enjoy music again!

In my opinion that's the wrong attitude to have especially for a musician(or even more if you want to be an "artist"). Music is a sacred introspective art form that deserves intense criticism and detailed understanding. I can't look at music as merely entertainment like I can with blockbuster movies etc.

I know I know, I was half taking the piss, but seriously, complaining that two friends have influenced each other's styles...? It's bound to happen and let's face it, Saul was still a great singer and TR was still a semi-dodge singer. Not much changed there. I think it was the term "there were many facepalm moments" that made me want to retort it, it just seems like sometimes people want to pick things to pieces instead of just enjoying anything. I mean I know Trent is sorta goofy. But he still kicks ass most of the time so I generally forgive his oddball vocal tactics when they pop up.

And who the fuck is Coil? I suppose all of their 58 fans (world-wide) are about to tell me! LoL.

That's what google's for smartass. Or even the thread a few down from this one.

That's what google's for smartass. Or even the thread a few down from this one.

Okay thats you accounted for now where there other 57?

what is it about how reznor composes that makes it sound so NIN. the melody at 1:55 sounds like NIN. i know nothing about music theory, is it scales or what the fuck. you know what i am on about, right?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

i appreciate how he put the slide on his middle finger in vid #3. properly nin

eagle eyes bonus, +12 xp

what is it about how reznor composes that makes it sound so NIN. the melody at 1:55 sounds like NIN. i know nothing about music theory, is it scales or what the fuck. you know what i am on about, right?

the melody is probably reminding you of "Right Where It Belongs"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZSWMK68zM8

go to 1:20. on this and go to 1:56 on a drowning.

It's the same notes - played the same way.

Edited by Guest