IGNORED

Jay-Z - Satanism and "On To The Next One"

Guest carthief

Guest carthief

I came upon this website a couple months back: http://vigilantcitizen.com/

I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, and as I saw was said by someone commenting about one of his articles, some of his analyses do seem to be a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, he analyzes Jay-Z's "On To The Next One" in one of his articles (I basically stole/plagiarized my topic title using his word choices and style): http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3073

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1RChZk1EU

I am no Jay-Z fan, at all. I do, however, like this song a great deal, and I think the video is something else. Really great and dark.

But there's this whole theory that Jay-Z is tied in with the masons and Satanism. There are videos all over youtube detailing this. I'm inclined to believe. However, Jay-Z strikes me as the type of person who is so boastful that he may be part of this organization, or worship, but he can't be quiet and intelligent about it, instead he posts it all over his videos in blatant overtones, etc., etc....

I do think there's something evil about the mainstream music industry. The guy at vigilantcitizen.com brings that to light, and to be honest reading his articles, skeptical as I may be about some of them, brought it to my attention for the first time.

Guest carthief

Join the darkside my friend , we will be the champions.

This is the great folly of evil.

Guest carthief

is Jay-Z that flat sounding twat who almost ruins that sexy Beyonce video I had an addiction too a few years back?

I have despised Jay-Z for quite some time. I can't stand how people for some reason accept that he's like "the don" of rap or whatever, "the messiah," all hailing his new albums as they come out. Everything I've ever heard from him has been horrible.

That being said, however, I've never listened to "Reasonable Doubt"...you know what, to be honest, I've never listened to any of his albums. So I'm being judgemental. I used to think the Rolling Stones sucked until I actually listened to some of their earlier albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5vn6OqnD_Q

Guest Ricky Downtown

is Jay-Z that flat sounding twat who almost ruins that sexy Beyonce video I had an addiction too a few years back?

I have despised Jay-Z for quite some time. I can't stand how people for some reason accept that he's like "the don" of rap or whatever, "the messiah," all hailing his new albums as they come out. Everything I've ever heard from him has been horrible.

you know what, to be honest, I've never listened to any of his albums. So I'm being judgemental. I used to think the Rolling Stones sucked until I actually listened to some of their earlier albums.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

AH COOL, Jay-Z is now appropriating masonic and illuminati imagery to help ad a mysteriousness to his meager self image. just like Lady Gaga, and every other status quo music group. very sick!

Guest carthief

As baphomet lowers his hoary head onto your back you will realize your errors.

leadon.jpg

Icon_second_coming.jpg

The_Second_Coming.jpg

Absolutely no interest in Jay-Z whatsoever and never heard of any of this malarky, but it might nonetheless make an interesting google search in the quieter hours.

Guest Backson

i've been cool with alot of Jay-Z stuff, but I think this song is so poor. He tried to go against the flow of mainstream hiphop with this album (or so I gather from his lyrics) but it still ended up being the shitty ravesynth/handclap/808kick sound that every other big rapper uses. This song doesn't do anything for me, escially that reverby click bit that is completely out of key with the rest of the song.

jay-z is no where near my favorite rapper. but i'm down with him. this track is alright. and as usual, most if not all of watmm isn't down.

i'm down with jay-z. not really into hip hop (i like instrumental hip hop though

the pop rap stuff though, i like to listen to a bit

That being said, however, I've never listened to "Reasonable Doubt"...you know what, to be honest, I've never listened to any of his albums. So I'm being judgemental. I used to think the Rolling Stones sucked until I actually listened to some of their earlier albums.

maybe you should listen to some jay-z as well. maybe you'll like him instead of being a hater.

On the occult / free mason thing - personally i don't buy it. He might do it just to be shocking to draw attention from people who believe this who would otherwise not pay attention..

awesome song, awesome video. i like my jay z, but lately it wouldn't surprise me at all if his songs started including awkward attempts rhyme in phrases like "brought to you by Target" or "my woman's up at the Walmart where the prices can't be beat".

I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan but he does have some dope tracks. This one isn't one of them.

As for the masonic imagery in the video, his video director probably put them there....

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

....eh there is definitely lots & lots of factual evidence of Jay-z & Lady Gaga & many other mainstream pop mega hits intentionally using shit loads masonry, Illuminati references. The only question is why? could be a lot of reasons but you have to be pretty ignorant to the situation to not see that they are doing it very consciously.

Guest Greg Reason

AH COOL, Jay-Z is now appropriating masonic and illuminati imagery to help ad a mysteriousness to his meager self image. just like Lady Gaga, and every other status quo music group. very sick!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

it has been exploited in mainstream shit since the 90s at least, its not like a brand new thing at all

Guest Greg Reason

haha Nas vs Jay, mfers were trippin there. Nas kicks the shit outta Jay from fifty paces. He did go whack for a while but he's back on top of things and caning ass again. See him live if you can, then even his whack shit comes across as brilliant.

Guest Greg Reason

did nas make the blueprint?

yeah i didn't think so.

Your point being?

Actually, didn't KRS-One release the Blueprint of Hip Hop in 1989?

Anyway, this whole satanism conntection is ridiculous (and since when has Mason=Satanist?????)

I think an analysis could be done like this with any "dark" video. Actually, ask any scared judgmental christian to watch anything dark and see how many "symbols" pop out of absolutely nowhere.

Also, with this type of logic:

The video premiered on 01/01/10, which in Kabbalistic numerology equals 3 (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1+ 0 = 3). The number 3 is an important theme of the video. The release date also contains three 1’s, which is reminiscent of the three bars representing Jay-Z’s album The Blueprint 3.

I think we could make a connection between the amount of letters in "WATMM" and how many years it's been around and how many deaths happened last year to spell out "Marilyn Manson kills kids onstage in 1996".

If ANY of this was done intentionally, think of it as a PR move to keep Jay-Z "scary" or "intimidating" to morons since he can no longer claim street cred.

Archived