IGNORED

Drank

Guest carthief

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, kind of weird they wouldn't just take a pill. who likes drinking cough syrup?

I'm sure it has thrifty origins (i.e. some ghetto mofos were looking for stuff in their house to combine and get fucked up and thus it was born)

Now to make you aware of a separate but totally related phenomena...

To contrast the popularity of todays energy drink craze, it was inevitable that someone would try to cash in on this market:

GENTLEMEN, I GIVE YOU

drank_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Drank%20cans%20mid%20shot.jpg

DRANK

the industry's first "Relaxed Lifestyle Beverage"

The can even invites you to "Slow Your Roll".

This amazing product is shamelessly designed to cash in on the African American population and suburban white boys love of purple drank. Drank can be found at many local gas stations on the inner side of town and is filled with Valerian Root, Rose Hips, and Melatonin. The sign plastered largely in the store window told me "WARNING: The contents of this beverage may cause one to lean." Their marketing spin is that are trying to offer a legal, safe alternative to the cough syrup drank of which this thread is dedicated to. Of course, I had to try this at once.

Drank tastes like a creamy, foamy grape soda and it truly does have a tiring effect. Slowing my roll is a very odd feeling indeed. Of course my friends and I found this endlessly hilarious and have made several events out of it. The purchasing... the leaning... the grogginess. We spent the evening sipping our Dranks, watching every mainstream hip hop video that would could find with the word "lean" in it. And had a viewing of Friday and Pootie Tang. Totally a victim of these bastards marketing plan, but hey! it was fun goofing off.

But the fact is... this shit is real! And everytime I go into a gas station or little quickie mart that I know has it, it is often sold out. It flys off the shelves!

I don't know how widely distributed this shit is. Have any of you guys seen it in your neck of the woods?

edit: spelling

i've sipped syrup a few times. promethazine is an anti-histamine so it makes you dead sleepy, that combined with the codeine is why they call it LEAN. i don't like feeling that tired, but otherwise it's good. just make sure you have ur screw tapes at hand.

Now to make you aware of a separate but totally related phenomena...

To contrast the popularity of todays energy drink craze, it was inevitable that someone would try to cash in on this market:

GENTLEMEN, I GIVE YOU

drank_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Drank%20cans%20mid%20shot.jpg

DRANK

the industry's first "Relaxed Lifestyle Beverage"

The can even invites you to "Slow Your Roll".

This amazing product is shamelessly designed to cash in on the African American population and suburban white boys love of purple drank. Drank can be found at many local gas stations on the inner side of town and is filled with Valerian Root, Rose Hips, and Melatonin. The sign plastered largely in the store window told me "WARNING: The contents of this beverage may cause one to lean." Their marketing spin is that are trying to offer a legal, safe alternative to the cough syrup drank of which this thread is dedicated to. Of course, I had to try this at once.

Drank tastes like a creamy, foamy grape soda and it truly does have a tiring effect. Slowing my roll is a very odd feeling indeed. Of course my friends and I found this endlessly hilarious and have made several events out of it. The purchasing... the leaning... the grogginess. We spent the evening sipping our Dranks, watching every mainstream hip hop video that would could find with the word "lean" in it. And had a viewing of Friday and Pootie Tang. Totally a victim of these bastards marketing plan, but hey! it was fun goofing off.

But the fact is... this shit is real! And everytime I go into a gas station or little quickie mart that I know has it, it is often sold out. It flys of the shelves!

I don't know how widely distributed this shit is. Have any of you guys seen it in your neck of the woods?

:sadface:

Nobuddy eber readz mah posts.

I could probably use some of this to help me not spaz so much when shit goes down IRL, but I've yet to actually see it.

coz they're like, fucking stupid.

No one you respect has overdosed?

it's a pretty stupid thing to 'overdose' on, it's not just codeine it's also a super strong over the counter sleeping drug mixed together with it that really isnt all that fun, it just makes you fall asleep. probably appeals to the benzo fags though

This thread needs Sun City Girls:

I was layin' around in a sweaty chlorine aroma

Drifting late nite in a Calcutta codeine coma

With a Drake R8 Implant Eardrum Stereo

Sleepwalkin' six feet deep Sudder Street nowhere to go

Goodnite elixir Bengali sippin' his soma

Floatin' late night in a Calcutta codeine coma

With a flashlite in one hand bottle of cough syrup in the other

Stumblin' thru the Kali temple lookin' for his mother

When a stink comes from the sewars

Sweet Agarbathi from the roof

I forgot where I was buried

Because I don't need to show the proof

I was layin' down low in a sweaty chlorine aroma

Driftin' late nite in a Calcutta codeine coma

Swimmin' up the crooked Hoogley like a fish no one could catch

Washed-up ugly in the marshes half the way to Bangladesh

:sadface:

Nobuddy eber readz mah posts.

Oh shit, didn't see that! Just a few posts above mine too. I just scanned the thread quickly. But I think it warrants the elaboration hahaha

lol, no, the elaboration was quite necessary.

I think it's mainly a midwest thing at the mome. . . nothing in LA yet (it probably doesn't mix well with cocaine, anorexia, and self-importance).

Guest carthief

it's a pretty stupid thing to 'overdose' on, it's not just codeine it's also a super strong over the counter sleeping drug mixed together with it that really isnt all that fun, it just makes you fall asleep. probably appeals to the benzo fags though

What drugs do you do that are somehow superior to the ones you're denigrating here?

Guest carthief

If you're referring to the DXM thread(s), Rubin, they're two different things.

If not, I'm sorry, I thought I did a search and I didn't find anything related.

I was just interested in anyone with first-hand or second-hand experience with the substance...

Guest ms-dos

Why is that funny?

Big Moe, a DJ Screw protegé whose albums City of Syrup and Purple World were based on the drink and who has been described as having "rapped incessantly about the drug"...

do i really need to explain this?

Guest carthief

It might be funny because you don't understand it, but I don't think it's funny that a guy died unintentionally from taking drugs.

The drugs in this case are different and unique, thus my interest, so I guess that gives less validity, or seriousness, to the guy's death than if he died of alcohol poisoning and rapped a lot about alcohol, a heart attack and cocaine, etc.

Guest ms-dos

It might be funny because you don't understand it, but I don't think it's funny that a guy died unintentionally from taking drugs.

The drugs in this case are different and unique, thus my interest, so I guess that gives less validity, or seriousness, to the guy's death than if he died of alcohol poisoning and rapped a lot about alcohol, a heart attack and cocaine, etc.

i wasn't highlighting the death part. i'm laughing at the man-baby who made a career from sucking on and rapping about cough syrup. big moe, who "was known for a softer and slower style than other Houston rappers, including a mixture of rapping and singing that he called "rapsinging"[1]"

Archived