IGNORED

What shoes

halisray

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These days, I only wear sneakers if I'm running or at the gym (which is never, lol).

A) I have to wear oxfords/dress shoes every day at work, and they're usually uncomfortable as fuck, EXCEPT the Cole Haan's with nike air soles, which sounds gimmicky but is actually super comfortable. Only dress shoes that haven't torn up my heal and been covered in blood within the first two days of ownership.

B) For regular non work stuff I usually wear a pair of Doc Martens 1460s, but of the Made in China variety of Docs I can only recommend the Napa Leather ones. They hold up well, wear well, and break in quickly, and look like vintage Docs after a week or so. Everyone else seems to suggest other (non-UK) Docs fall apart in a month or so, and the newer, more expensive "Proudly Made in the UK" 1460s apparently take forever to break in.

More comfy than sneakers imo, although if you're a half size like me you might need to add an insert (the brand's own inserts are apparently intended to reduce interior space by a half size when placed over the original insole, I can confirm this works really well):

AAAAAqMhkioAAAAAAPw6QA.jpg

Guest JW Modestburns

How about a nice pair of nice Easy Spirits? Easy Spirits give you plenty of support and are very comfortable, plus they are about half the price of those designer shoes you had picked out. I have a couple pairs of these black ones, which I think we can all agree are pretty darn hip.

PG.GREATSTARTS.BKCHALE.PE.jpg?sw=408&sh=408

Easy Spirits

MT571BK_1.jpg

but much more worn in.

had a friend who was into expensive shoes; had a pair like these that looked rad with colored socks

4fa87227c036ca8f3a97e2aa401cf985.jpg

This is more than a year and a half later, but it's worth pointing out that these weird Bapes/Nike "collaboration" are the fakest bootlegs I've ever seen.

Also, I've been wearing Sperrys so hard recently

c6IJx.jpg

How about a nice pair of nice Easy Spirits? Easy Spirits give you plenty of support and are very comfortable, plus they are about half the price of those designer shoes you had picked out. I have a couple pairs of these black ones, which I think we can all agree are pretty darn hip.

PG.GREATSTARTS.BKCHALE.PE.jpg?sw=408&sh=408

Easy Spirits

hi mom

These days, I only wear sneakers if I'm running or at the gym (which is never, lol).

A) I have to wear oxfords/dress shoes every day at work, and they're usually uncomfortable as fuck, EXCEPT the Cole Haan's with nike air soles, which sounds gimmicky but is actually super comfortable. Only dress shoes that haven't torn up my heal and been covered in blood within the first two days of ownership.

B) For regular non work stuff I usually wear a pair of Doc Martens 1460s, but of the Made in China variety of Docs I can only recommend the Napa Leather ones. They hold up well, wear well, and break in quickly, and look like vintage Docs after a week or so. Everyone else seems to suggest other (non-UK) Docs fall apart in a month or so, and the newer, more expensive "Proudly Made in the UK" 1460s apparently take forever to break in.

More comfy than sneakers imo, although if you're a half size like me you might need to add an insert (the brand's own inserts are apparently intended to reduce interior space by a half size when placed over the original insole, I can confirm this works really well):

If your dress shoes are cutting your ankles, then either you're wearing too big of a size, or your socks are too thin. There should be no vertical movement of your foot in a shoe.

had a friend who was into expensive shoes; had a pair like these that looked rad with colored socks

4fa87227c036ca8f3a97e2aa401cf985.jpg

lol

Give the guy a kick in the kidney for wearing those.

If your dress shoes are cutting your ankles, then either you're wearing too big of a size, or your socks are too thin. There should be no vertical movement of your foot in a shoe.

It's the almost mandatory break-in period for good quality dress shoes that causes the chafing and subsequent blood loss. Once a dress shoe is broken in, it's fine. Until someone looks inside and asks why the leather appears to be tanned significantly darker in the ankle area. That would be a pretty weird person, though.

While post-break-in dress shoes are fine in terms of fit, the Nike Air soles in Cole Haans are really much more comfortable, both at initial break in period and over years of ownership) than any other dress shoe I've tried. Maybe $1000 can buy something comparable, but the CHs are only in the $100-250 range.

(I have these

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-carter-split-burgundy

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-jackson-3-eye-black-nappa

for work)

kangaroos_main081110.jpg

Got a pair very similar to this that I've worn, like, once.

traphi_grey_550.jpg

And I've got these, but they are all darker blue and white, leather. Better looking than these ones. Fucking epic shoes, i love them.

• 4 weeks later...

what are those dropp? that's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for for months!

edit: oh keds? shit I don't know if I can do that! lol

but it's exactly what I've been looking for. shit.

Archived