IGNORED

Cex

chassis

Guest ms-dos

he has some fantastic tracks and a lot of shit.

i agree with yek: role model and oops are the ones to hear. role model's 'am i soundboy' is held in very high esteem among IDM folk. check it.

Guest Echo

Get Oops and Role Model if you liked that IDM stuff on his Snares split. Get Sketchi if you like ambient e:mitty stuff, Battaile Royale if you're into hearing the biggest fuckfest of FM synthesis this side of early Autechre and Dannibal if you like cut-up tribal.

Cex is a great man. He'll give you anything if the price is right.

I used to be really really into Cex. Being Ridden is my favorite album for sure, but I don't know if you'd like it. It's during his rapping and guitar playing days, but still with electronic beats and synths. I go way back with this album haha reminds me of being young.

I never really liked Oops, but Role Model is sweet and has some essential "IDM" classics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vKtnKTbC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYDOKL-sEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYozCdyT5ro

Not all of it is great, but its all pretty cool. Am I Soundboy is another classic.

I really like Actual Fucking which I believe was made with members of Nice Nice who are now on Warp.

Tall, Dark & Handcuffed if you want his full on braggadocio whiteboy rap lol

Guest Coalbucket PI

I had an impression of this guy just making off the wall rap stuff that nobody was really listening to. After reading this I just bought Role Model and it's excellent!

I don't quite think I've ever understood him. Whenever I see his disks in shops they're usually splits with other artists (specifically Kid606) and I have no idea how to get a feel for his sound.

Guest Sir Winston

Role Model for me is an absolute stone cold classic, just everything on that album clicks with me. Maryland Mansions is a weird one seeming he was pretty fucked up when he made it, but I like that too.

i met @cexmang @ a college show here in riverside, dude played a rad laptop set while sitting on a table, after his show i asked him about the snares split and the postal servive connection. dude was cool as hell, he's also a watmm, haha we went on to talk about Lion and other watmm if i can recall. good times

Cex appearing in many of the linked-artist search results on Pandora was the reason i stopped using Pandora, well maybe the final straw is when i typed in 'zoviet france' and zero results came up. I

Guest Gardenia

I saw him live in Houston in 2008 and there was roughly 10 people in the audience. I've never danced to hard in my life. I came home with a copy of Starship Galactica and was really disappointed with it. After that I never tried to find anything by him that matched the live set.

Guest mose

saw Cex 6 or 7 years ago with Kid 606 at the Knitting Factory NYC. Great performance, especially the song 'Wrist Elbow'.

Archived